Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McPake

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
46 minutes ago, sneddee said:

should be gowser imo

I disagree..

As much as he is a great player and always gets stuck in, just don't see him as a leader. 

He is more of a dog on a leash who likes to bark at others. 

Personally think O'Dea should be captain. Has all the signs of a true leader and will be a good influence on others.

3 hours ago, Attilio said:

The captaincy was a toss up between McPake and O'Dea as far as I am concerned.  Not fussed either way.  You don't need an armband to be a leader on the park

That's how I see it. O'Dea doesn't need the armband to lead the team. The manager has already made it clear how important the player is to the team so I think O'Dea will be quite happy with his status in the dressing room.

My guess is it will mean a lot to McPake that the manager is putting faith in him after his horror injury. It could turn out to be an inspired bit of man-management.

7 hours ago, Mr Gandosaur said:

Was hoping it would be O' Dea. Can't doubt Mcpake's passion and commitment but for me he just isn't good enough and would have him last in my defensive pecking order. 

Isn't good enough ? Before his injury he was first name on the team sheet

id have stuck with GH, but I'll take McPake as a second place to him 

4 hours ago, valleyboy said:

Isn't good enough ? Before his injury he was first name on the team sheet

id have stuck with GH, but I'll take McPake as a second place to him 

I think he was more first pick due to others being so bad than him being great. 

I would say Gadz is better than him now. Jules is more skillfull, Gadz is faster than him too. 

Think we are being a bit harsh on McPake here.  Also we have not seen McPake and O'Dea together even once yet.  They are way more experienced than the other possible pairings so think we should definitely give them a few games together to let them lead, organise and bring on our full backs.

Edited by Bawheid

For me he is too rash. He gets caught in some terrible positions and doesn't have the pace to recover. The thought of him in Hartley's 3-5-2 experiment terrifies me. It's a hard system to play and requires a lot of discipline and good positional sense from the 3 centre backs - something which Mcpake lacks IMO,. 

Adblock Detected