Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

What Makes A Successful Club Manager Or Team Captain

Gedee

Considering the attributes of  some of the DFC players that have been mentioned for the position of DFC Captain, it is fair to see why each might deserve consideration.

Although a final decision will be reached by assessing overall, each persons qualities. I would think a captain's abilitity to lead by personal example would be to the fore.

An understanding & ability to play the game would be up there. But you could add. honesty, trust, respect, communicator, work ethic, calmness, enthusiasm, humour even.

Even if we knew what was needed, it's unlikely, someone would have them all. Have you any ideas what makes a good leader ?  O'dea or McPake looks mighty fine for me.

(In politics I would put honesty at the top. But I doubt if we are going to find a political leader/polician, that is totally open & honest)

In todays game is a good captain on the field necessary?  Some games will go as planned without intervention from manager or captain. But (imo) a good captain will have

the insight to see what is going right &/or wrong on the park and can make a big difference to influence the game & result. I would see this as an important decision for PH.

McGowan (hard working & enthusiastic)  Harkins (a wee bit in & oot, But classy & cool)  (McPake gritty & determined)  O'dea (calm & intelligent)  All respected (I hope) :)

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO a good captain does make things better, especially if he knows what the manager/coach is expecting of the team. high pressing defence, 442 format etc. He should be able to keep the team playing to the plan that they should all have been trained to play. Spotting players who are having a difficult time, both in their own team and in their opponent's team, and doing something to help, or exploit the situation should be within the abilities of a captain IMO.

Thank you for your response BC'  .... 

I know there is no defininitive answer here and we will all have our own ideas. Part of the idea of raising this is just is to get a discusion going.

There may be some ideas however we can share. On that basis alone, it's always good to hear other's views and on what they see as priority.

The qualities you yourself highlight above would certainly top my list. It seems Mcpake has been delegated the captain's job. Some may feel

he lacks the necessary qualities (& they may be right) He's proved tho' he does not lack determination & a will to win. Well worth a try (imo) :)

Adblock Detected