Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Defenders

Rate our defenders  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you rate as our BEST Centre back?

• DARREN O'DEA
    • JAMES MCPAKE
    • JULEN ETXABEGUREN
    • KOSTADIN GADZHALOV
  2. 2. Who do you rate as our 2ND BEST Centre back?

• DARREN O'DEA
    • JAMES MCPAKE
    • JULEN ETXABEGUREN
    • KOSTADIN GADZHALOV
  3. 3. Who do you rate as our 3RD BEST Centre back?

• DARREN O'DEA
    • JAMES MCPAKE
    • JULEN ETXABEGUREN
    • KOSTADIN GADZHALOV
  4. 4. Who do you rate as our 4th BEST Centre back?

• DARREN O'DEA
    • JAMES MCPAKE
    • JULEN ETXABEGUREN
    • KOSTADIN GADZHALOV

15 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

My post quotes the courier, in italics. Not my words.

The previous, fairly lengthy article on him, made no mention of right/left, just a central defender. We've had plenty of central defenders over the last 50+ years who were not specifically right/left, just damned good at defending on either side of them. Maybe that's the problem today? We've had a few diddies too, of course.

Who are our "left footed / left sided" central defenders? The huge gap behind Holt didn't seem to be filled by someone who looked "naturally" left-sided last season & we've not signed anyone since.

....and you've never noticed Hartley feeding the local media bullshit?....c'mon, be serious ;)

Your post, which is what I said mate, maybe not your words. Without getting into a daft debate on whether PH is indeed after what he is quoted as being after I'm sure he knows how to work the press and doesn't always give them the whole story. In this particular case I'm just struggling to see why he would make something up, it's unlikely there's a left sided centre half, within budget, who's in such high demand that PH has to pretend to be after a r/sided c/half so as not to alert other interested clubs.

I'm fairly sure in this case we are looking for a natural r/side centre half, that's just my opinion though.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
20 minutes ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

with meggatt leaving I make that only 6 defenders left in our squad,7 if you include ohara,but PH says he'll play defensive mid.not much cover there especially in the full back positions

Matty Allan, Sam Dryden and Andy Black have all been given squad numbers but probably unlikely to play, unless maybe in an emergency or possibly in one of the cups. Danny Williams can also cover left back.

Can see us bringing in another c/half and taking a look at McNaughton with a view to a short term deal as cover for Cammy and to help guide him along.

42 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Your post, which is what I said mate, maybe not your words. Without getting into a daft debate on whether PH is indeed after what he is quoted as being after I'm sure he knows how to work the press and doesn't always give them the whole story. In this particular case I'm just struggling to see why he would make something up, it's unlikely there's a left sided centre half, within budget, who's in such high demand that PH has to pretend to be after a r/sided c/half so as not to alert other interested clubs.

I'm fairly sure in this case we are looking for a natural r/side centre half, that's just my opinion though.

He's maybe after 2 defenders not one though. :P

We're that bored, this is what we're reduced to. :lol2: Anyone for charades ? :anyone:

9 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Can see us bringing in another c/half and taking a look at McNaughton with a view to a short term deal as cover for Cammy and to help guide him along.

Don't think we're in any near a rush as we have been in the last couple of seasons too. We've got almost two teams of 11 and we're more worried about cover more than anything else. Have a bit of freedom now to take a look around and maybe let a player like McNaughton show what they can offer.

Really hoping that if United do, as rumoured, bid for Toshney, we match them. 24 year old who has been hailed as a good defensive mid and capable of playing all across the defence. In his time with us, he was very raw and playing in a struggling side but he's since had a good education down the leagues and now seems well rounded. Think he'll become a good top flight player and I hope we don't miss out on him and see him go somewhere like United and realise his potential.

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Don't think we're in any near a rush as we have been in the last couple of seasons too. We've got almost two teams of 11 and we're more worried about cover more than anything else. Have a bit of freedom now to take a look around and maybe let a player like McNaughton show what they can offer.

Really hoping that if United do, as rumoured, bid for Toshney, we match them. 24 year old who has been hailed as a good defensive mid and capable of playing all across the defence. In his time with us, he was very raw and playing in a struggling side but he's since had a good education down the leagues and now seems well rounded. Think he'll become a good top flight player and I hope we don't miss out on him and see him go somewhere like United and realise his potential.

Was a bit unsure of Toshney when he was here probably due to all the hype. Have seen very little of him since. Would prefer a rabbit oot the hat type Dutch diamond if I'm being honest. Would certainly back Toshney if we brought him in though.

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

We're that bored, this is what we're reduced to. :lol2: Anyone for charades ? :anyone:

Who are the FIFA 16 experts on here?  Could they no just nip on there and tell us who the best defensive, pacey, good at winning the high ball, players are?

Nearly forgot - they need to be really strong in the tackle as well.  A lengthy injury history will also be considered.

We'll get a list of six or so names and spin the bottle.

15 hours ago, chomp my root said:

So bored (& it's not being satisfied - so far - by the equally as boring Euros) that some of us are reduced to trying to invent false debates just to fill in our daily "half hour on TDB's" time :ph34r: 

:rolleyes: 

I see the DABs have signed Toshney on a 3 year deal .

I'll be honest he was a player I rated while at Dens and hoped we would hold on to . He was versatile and added good height to the side .

By all accounts has had an excellent season at Raith .

Obviously its too late now but I wouldn't have been disappointed if he would signed for us . 

1 minute ago, DBDU said:

I see the DABs have signed Toshney on a 3 year deal .

I'll be honest he was a player I rated while at Dens and hoped we would hold on to . He was versatile and added good height to the side .

By all accounts has had an excellent season at Raith .

Obviously its too late now but I wouldn't have been disappointed if he would signed for us . 

Its rumoured the DAB's paid a fair whack for him (saw 100K mentioned but can't say for sure) and if we were going to spend that I'd be looking for better than Toshney. I thought he was ok and as you say, it sounds like he had a good season.

2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Its rumoured the DAB's paid a fair whack for him (saw 100K mentioned but can't say for sure) and if we were going to spend that I'd be looking for better than Toshney. I thought he was ok and as you say, it sounds like he had a good season.

They paid 5 figures but no mention of how much.

Adblock Detected