Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee gaffer keen to bring in two more players


Recommended Posts

Dundee boss Paul Hartley is hopeful of adding two new faces to his squad in the next 48 hours.

Despite comments to the contrary earlier this summer, Paul is not only looking to add a centre-back to his ranks, he is also keen to use the cash freed up by the Daryll Meggatt departure to strengthen his pool.

The Tele understands the Dark Blues are in advanced negotiations with two players, both of whom could be signed by the time Dundee play their next pre-season game, on Friday evening at Alloa Athletic.

Speaking after Wednesday night’s win at Dumbarton, Paul said: “There will be no players going out but we do anticipate some coming in.

“Hopefully, we will make progress in the next day or so.

“There will be more than one player coming in.”

Work off the field, especially in the transfer market, has progressed well for the manager this summer.

He admits he was impressed with how his new boys — Yordi Teijsse and Danny Williams — performed in their first outing.

But he held back particular praise for former Scotland youth international Mark O’Hara, who put in a Man-of-the-Match performance in and advanced midfield position.

“O’Hara was good for us,” said Paul.

“He is just 20, but has loads of energy in those legs of his.

“He made some great runs, we just didn’t pick him out.”

On two-goal Cammy Kerr’s match-winning showing, the manager said: “Cammy at wing-back was also impressive.

“It was a good exercise for us as a squad.

“Even though we only came back last week the players look like they are in good shape.

“At this stage of the season we are just trying to get as many players as many minutes as possible.

“We have two games this week so it is hectic but the players are enjoying it this pre-season, so far.”

The shine was taken off the victory somewhat by an injury suffered by kid Calvin Colquhoun, just four minutes after coming off the bench.

While it looked a bad one at first, Paul is hopeful it won’t see the youngster miss too much football.

“It is a nasty one. We will check him in the next few days and see how he is,” said Paul.

“It was a bad knock he took, although he has not been sent to the hospital.

“I hope he is OK.”

View the full article

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.


×
×
  • Create New...