Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Kevin Thomson

23 minutes ago, Derry Drummer said:

But players being benched or put in stand due to performance isn't a problem. 

Being a sick note is. 

Players get injured, it seems some more than others. Managers sign players, they take risks. 2 years ago we were all delighted to sign Thomson, the only thing that's changed is our perception. He had some fantastic games for us, missed several. Why do you want to break down the managers tenure to individual players performances when we judge the manager on the 'big picture'. I don't know about you DD but overall I'm pretty happy with where we are as a club, despite Roberts, despite Tank, despite Ferry and a big thank you to Thomson. None of them worked out as well as we'd hoped but that's football. I don't think any of us thought Stewart would work out as well as he has, I could go on. Chill bro, leave the hate and just enjoy the ride. Who are you tipping for failures this time next year, its cool if you want to wait 12 months to call it but its a lot trickier to do it before they kick a ball. :P

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

We knew what we were getting when we signed Thompson and that was a very good player who was injury prone and who wouldn't play in every game .

His record at Dens in terms of appearances was on par with what he had clocked up at previous clubs throughout his career .

PH would have known this and weighed up whether or not the money required  wage wise was going to be  justified in terms of appearances we would get from him and he obviously thought it was .I agree it was as well as during that first season in particular his performances and experience played a big part in stabilising us back in the top flight .

I was disappointed to see him go but in hindsight he was actually being honest as his best days are now clearly behind him .

Ive no hard feelings toward the guy and wish him all the best .

Lets move on

9 hours ago, Derry Drummer said:

Being a sick note is. 

We have injured players who sit in the stand. Plenty of them. Injuries are part and parcel of football and some will suffer more than others. I'd bet Nicky Low is on a decent enough wage and has played far less than KT yet has so far dodged too much criticism. Some people devote multiple pages on forums to slating KT for one reason or another which is unjustified imo.

He split opinions from day one, he was often injured and we managed to pick up points without him but when he was fit and playing well, we looked a complete side.

His sublime performance in the derby that ended our long wait to beat United was the best we saw of him but his influence was important in other fine displays as well such as 4-0 at Rugby Park and the 3-3 at Pittodrie. I don't miss the weekly bickering over him on here but I think our team misses a player of his calibre in the middle of the park.

22 hours ago, Derry Drummer said:

Being a sick note is. 

What is this nonsense?

It's cool to take a wage if you can't get in the first eleven, but not if you're injured? :lol:

Dearie me, some of the stuff you see on here.

#McPakeLow&JulesOUT.

I don't think you can compare Monti to Thomson. Monti was signed for Dundee on the back of a prolific run for Pollok up front but he clearly wasn't capable of playing up front for Dundee. For some strange reason we never tried him on the left, which is where he played at Celtic and Morton.

Thomson helped us comfortably stay in the top flight so Hartley might well consider him a good signing even taking the injuries into consideration.

Edited by Cobra

23 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Players get injured, it seems some more than others. Managers sign players, they take risks. 2 years ago we were all delighted to sign Thomson, the only thing that's changed is our perception. He had some fantastic games for us, missed several. Why do you want to break down the managers tenure to individual players performances when we judge the manager on the 'big picture'. I don't know about you DD but overall I'm pretty happy with where we are as a club, despite Roberts, despite Tank, despite Ferry and a big thank you to Thomson. None of them worked out as well as we'd hoped but that's football. I don't think any of us thought Stewart would work out as well as he has, I could go on. Chill bro, leave the hate and just enjoy the ride. Who are you tipping for failures this time next year, its cool if you want to wait 12 months to call it but its a lot trickier to do it before they kick a ball. :P

Loy.

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

What is this nonsense?

It's cool to take a wage if you can't get in the first eleven, but not if you're injured? :lol:

Dearie me, some of the stuff you see on here.

#McPakeLow&JulesOUT.

If your fit and the managers decides your not playing that's his choice. 

If you can't give him the choice. 

Adblock Detected