Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee new boy Duffy aims to impress Celtic gaffer Brendan Rodgers

New boy Michael Duffy is determined to use his time at Dundee to prove to parent club Celtic just what they are missing.

Northern Irishman Duffy, who netted the Dark Blues’ only goal in their 1-1 pre-season draw with Alloa last week, is yet to make his senior bow for the Hoops.

But he wants to grasp his Dens Park chance with both hands and in turn prove to Brendan Rodgers he won’t be a player who falls through the cracks at Celtic Park.

“I’ve got two years left on my deal with Celtic, so my target is to go back there having proven a point with Dundee,” said Duffy, who is with the rest of the Dundee squad in Austria this week.

“I’m hoping I can go out and impress this year.”

With the likes of Stuart Armstrong, Gary Mackay-Steven, Stefan Johansen, Liam Henderson, Ryan Christie and Scott Allan in the Hoops squad Duffy accepts his game-time at Celtic was going to be limited had he stuck around.

But he hopes his first season in the top flight will turn out to be a memorable one, putting him in Rodgers’ thoughts next summer.

Celtic boss Brendan RodgersCeltic boss Brendan Rodgers

“I’ve not spoken with the manager yet but there’s a lot of players in my position, so I know how it is,” he admits.

“There’s a lot of wide players and in the No 10 position, so I’m hoping I can impress at Dundee to prove I’m worth a shot.

“This is my first season in the Premiership, so I’m hoping it goes well.”

Duffy may not have caught Rodgers’ eye but he made the perfect first impression on Dundee boss Paul Hartley.

The former Derry City attacking midfielder, who spent last season on loan at Alloa, netted after just 10 minutes of his Dark Blues debut at Recreation Park.

On the strange experience of making his Dundee bow against the Wasps, he said: “It was good to be back playing at a place where I have so many good memories.

“It’s a bit weird with my first game being at Alloa but I enjoyed it. It was good to get a goal as well.

“I loved every minute of my time at Alloa last year.

“It was tough at times, make no mistake about it, but I got on well with all the players and I’ll always have time for the place.

“Hopefully, I will be saying the same about Dundee in a year’s time as well.”

View the full article

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Adblock Detected