Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Liam Kennedy: Selling Greg Stewart is only option for Dundee

10 hours ago, chomp my root said:

I think you're right Rev, the club might well be happy for the Courier to run the story, if they weren't then they would limit his access to players or call bullsh1t.

I don't know if he doesn't want to play for us, I would imagine he's got fond memories of the way his time at Dens has gone. Guessing but could it not be just as likely he's just got more ambitious ? Personally I mean, both financially and craving football success like medals. We've been good for each other and he maybe just wants 'more'. Were any of us 'gutted' when Caniggia moved on ? (I'm not putting GS in the same class as CC, just using him as an example) we were expecting it and while maybe sorry to see him go to another Scottish club we knew it was a possiblilty.

And I agree with all of that too Chomp.  DFC/GS have been good for each other in the last two seasons and I'll repeat again that I really hope that the lad stays at the club for a few more seasons yet.  I cannot fault the lad either though for being more ambitious, if he does want to move on.  This story hasn't just been going on for the last few days however, it's been rearing it's head since well before the end of last season.  Hope we see him on the park next week at East Fife.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
13 hours ago, MainStandMenace said:

Rev is right with his point about the club allowing him to be there. 

Overall he might be doing good for the club with coverage of the trip/individual interviews etc but (my opinion) ;) it's the way he writes about the dee. 

I used to give DCT's the benifit but over time that's faded.

for instance- the whole we ken,he kens,abidy kens he wants away.. I'm pretty sure Greg kens If no bids are made for him 'which is quite likely' he will be pulling on dark blue until at least Jan.

While the piece might contain the main points about him being available at the right price, it's creating a possible major back lash in that 'what if no bids come in and Greg goes on a bad geme or two..one or two supporters might turn. Why? because a Midweek Tully spread designed to help really was telling the same old story, told the same negative way imo

Over a number of months that will have an impact on your opinion of a player when the chips are down in a game.

Why not drive home the impact he will bring to other teams, his left foot, the impact he's made. PFA award/nomination.Personally I don't care for a reporters opinion but I would not shirk a comparison to other situations and fees generated from them, if it helps put out a clearer picture. 

Again- We would be foolish to not sell... Playing out his contract and not taking peanuts now might be the difference between 5th-10th next season...Granted its his interpretation of things but surely instead of refering to a decision DFC might have to make and the implications so it reads in a possibly negative way.

Who knows maybe he's already away and they are keeping it a secret from us haha but surely Kennedy knows, Nelms knows ;) it would be better to have him if it secures us a cup or a better finish next season in a tougher league campaign than last imo 

maybe it's just the way I read things with by dark blue tinted Gregs on but we all know the impact of decisions made or still yet to make will a poorly orchestrated media presence driving the situation :) 

As soon as Greg turned a contract extension he created a situation where it was highly likely that some fans would get on his back at the first hint of a stray pass. I've even heard a player saying that Greg hasn't been the same player in and around Dens and in training since January. DCT's aren't creating that potential backlash, it'd happen anyway with some of the fans who frequent our games.

If Dundee weren't happy with what was being printed I'm sure they'd call a halt to the interviews. As it is they are happy to sit back, cross their fingers and hope that playing hardball and allowing Kennedy to make back page headlines of a every single snippet of interest in GS gets them the cash they undoubtedly seek.

Adblock Detected