Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Sir Alex Ferguson gave Dundee FC chief advice over new training facility

Dundee’s American director John Nelms has revealed that he took advice from Sir Alex Ferguson on the club’s new training facilities.

It was revealed yesterday that the Dark Blues will be based at the new £17m Regional Performance Centre for Sport in the city’s Caird Park, should the project get the go ahead.

regional performance centre 2.JPG

In an interview with the Dundee FC website, Nelms revealed: “I’ve spoken to people very influential and well though of in football, the likes of Alex Ferguson.

“When he was here we talked about our training facility. What things he thought were important to have and what things he would have done differently.”

He also spoke about similar discussions with-then Everton boss Roberto Martinez.

He also added: “A lot of thought and effort has gone in from both sides (DFC and city council). Everyone has worked hard to design a project the the city, the club and Scottish football can be proud of.

“I think that Dundee Football Club truly needs a home. Somewhere we can be proud of and something that the city can be proud of.”

You can watch the full interview below, starting at 1.40 for the new training facility.

View the full article

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Tremendous news!! This new facility could really help in taking us to the next level. I know just how much work some great Dee's have put into this so it's fantastic to see it come one step closer. 

Full interview.

"Get to Dens and check it out for yourself" :)

19 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Tremendous news!! This new facility could really help in taking us to the next level. I know just how much work some great Dee's have put into this so it's fantastic to see it come one step closer. 

Full interview.

"Get to Dens and check it out for yourself" :)

Echo that Al. Also for me anyone who has had doubts about FPS commitment should have a wee view. Certainly fills me with a lot of confidence about the passion and commitment they have for our club. 

1 minute ago, dblair said:

Echo that Al. Also for me anyone who has had doubts about FPS commitment should have a wee view. Certainly fills me with a lot of confidence about the passion and commitment they have for our club. 

I'm a doubter, well that's maybe a bit strong, more just cautious after our previous bijou hiccups. I'm aware that FPS aren't here because of a deep held love though and probably a tad cynical. Maybe just fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, either way I'm still impressed with JN in the vid. :)

16 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I'm a doubter, well that's maybe a bit strong, more just cautious after our previous bijou hiccups. I'm aware that FPS aren't here because of a deep held love though and probably a tad cynical. Maybe just fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, either way I'm still impressed with JN in the vid. :)

Have to say chomp I firmly agree with your sentiments re once bitten twice shy et al. But I have, over the last year especially began to really believe in what they are trying to achieve at the club. There is so much work going on in the background that no one is privy to until it's finalised. Great stuff and it's what we have been needin for decades. A strong financial footing and a head to toe overhaul of every aspect of the organisation to make ourselves more efficient and competitive. 

28 minutes ago, dblair said:

Have to say chomp I firmly agree with your sentiments re once bitten twice shy et al. But I have, over the last year especially began to really believe in what they are trying to achieve at the club. There is so much work going on in the background that no one is privy to until it's finalised. Great stuff and it's what we have been needin for decades. A strong financial footing and a head to toe overhaul of every aspect of the organisation to make ourselves more efficient and competitive. 

Yeah, I hear you mate and I've not seen anything that stands out that worries me, the lack of communication but that was the same before so I'm not going to use that to beat them with. It probably is 'its me and not you' stuff and I'm hoping to be 'swept off my feet' but I'm always aware that FPS are an investment company and if and when they move on we don't know who'll be next. Stuff like this never used to concern me, maybe because I was young and only really caring about what was happening on the park or maybe I'd have got more into this kind of thing anyway, Gawd knows but while I'm loving where we are now I'm also wary of what lies ahead.

For what its worth I think FPS only want the best for us, I certainly don't think they wish us ill, just they have a different set of priorities to us fans. In some respects that's not a bad thing, they won't be blinded by the infamous 'dark blue shades' but it also means that they're not quite so 'daft on the Dee' as us. We're hardly unique in this position, I'm just a bit of an old woman, probably why I'm keen for the Society to have an input.

2 hours ago, chomp my root said:

“I think that Dundee Football Club truly needs a home. Somewhere we can be proud of and something that the city can be proud of.”

Could this quote mean its ciao Dens ????????

As soon as I saw that facility that was my first thought.
The grand old stadium is (it must be admitted) falling apart.

It can't be much of an impetus for the players, especially coming out of a top of the range training facility, to play your games in a run down football park.

(Although our pitch itself is in great nick!)

Adblock Detected