Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Liam Donnelly

an-dee

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Plays in the ideal position so definitely. Hartley type signing too in the way that he was highly rated when very young but things just haven't panned out for him perfectly.

Getting slightly worried with how long this defensive signing is taking. Not in a total panic but considering we released Konrad (which I agreed with but he was a decent bottom 6 defender), I would have liked movement by now.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Plays in the ideal position so definitely. Hartley type signing too in the way that he was highly rated when very young but things just haven't panned out for him perfectly.

Getting slightly worried with how long this defensive signing is taking. Not in a total panic but considering we released Konrad (which I agreed with but he was a decent bottom 6 defender), I would have liked movement by now.

In the same boat Harry. Signing defensive cover is the highest priority for me. Do you know if you can play trialists in the League Cup games? If not then I think this is a drawback in the new format, less chance to play trialists in proper games rather than just watching them in training/youth games!

16 minutes ago, an-dee said:

In the same boat Harry. Signing defensive cover is the highest priority for me. Do you know if you can play trialists in the League Cup games? If not then I think this is a drawback in the new format, less chance to play trialists in proper games rather than just watching them in training/youth games!

Pretty sure they can't but there are ways around it if we really wanted to. Can sign a player on a 28 day contract (that is the minimum) but I'm not sure what complexities that may throw up (I think their registration would then be held in Scotland so if the move didn't work out for them, they might have a bit of a pain trying to get it back and struggle moving back to another country once the deal was up). Think there is a couple hundred quid involved in the registration process but that's not really a lot when we're talking about signing a player for 1-2 years on a considerably higher sum.

If we were seriously interested about someone but had reservations, I'd imagine we'd work something out.

4 hours ago, an-dee said:

This is one of the big draw backs to the new look league cup. You can't play trialists.

Not ideal for a lot of clubs in July and looking to  have a look at players and complete business before the league season kicks off..

Adblock Detected