Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ggh And Team Morale

Spiritof62

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Just now, teddydfc62 said:

I think it will have a very negative effect in three dressing room if he leaves,he's such a big character in our squad,maybe the  biggest 

That might be his downfall...too influential. And that can be a problem if the influence is not in line with the powers-that-be's wishes.

Who knows what happened, if anything. But Hartley is surely the best judge of what influences he needs in the dressing room.

I get the impression with Hartley it is "my way or the highway". I reckon that unless he replaces Harkins with an equally skillful, inventive and visionary player our squad is going to be rather lopsided this season. Lots of journeymen and not enough class in midfield that can change a game.

We've had a good dressing room spirit since Hartley arrived. I think this is one of his best qualities so while I hope Harkins stays, I have a feeling the manager would be able to release the player and not suffer any adverse reaction among the squad.

The loss of Harkins is more likely to be a problem on the park than in the dressing room.

Training with the youths now apparently and 'not welcome' to be around the senior players.

Pretty shoddy treatment, regardless of what's happened, of a fans' favourite and great servant to the club over a few spells.

Sad.

9 minutes ago, G_Dog said:

Training with the youths now apparently and 'not welcome' to be around the senior players.

Pretty shoddy treatment, regardless of what's happened, of a fans' favourite and great servant to the club over a few spells.

Sad.

Yep would agree with that, GGH deserves better. Toe the line or prepare to be Sh@t on seems to be the message here.

2 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

If that's true it's an absolute disgrace the way he is being treated. 

A lot of people see him as marmite but the service he has given out club particularly in the deefiant season. 

Poor from Hartley 

We don't know what's went on but it does seem a tad harsh and doesn't sent out a good message imo. We often treat good club servants like Sh!te for some reason.

The manager would be better coming out and giving his reasons for this. He's risking alienating fans and having some turn on him by saying nothing.

There may very well be a valid reason for it, ie GGH telling him to &^%$ &*^ or something in front of the team, which would then make it understandable.

Agree if that is true that he has to train with the kids, then that is shocking from Hartley.

Harkins is a big player and we will be the only ones missing out once he leaves. No creativity apart from Stewart left.

Does Hartley maybe fancy shedding the timber and putting the boots back on or something? Shocking way to treat Gary Harkins. It's no surprise we had our best spell once he got back in the starting 11 last season. 

FWIW I think that until we know what the cause of the supposed "bust up" is - we can't determine whether it's shoddy treatment or not...Could be a whole host of justified reasons from Hartley. Until we know the cause it's unfair to criticise the treament imho. And I doubt we will ever find out the reason either

Adblock Detected