Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ggh And Team Morale

Spiritof62

5 minutes ago, Attilio said:

A few rumours flying about inside the ground today about the fall out between PH/GGH, the most popular one being that Harkins told PH in front of the rest of the squad that he wasn't that impressed with the managers recent signings.   Or words to that effect. :o

Probably a story that's grown arms and legs and been passed down from somebody's best mates, wifes favourite taxi driver but there you go.

I heard this story and posted it on here a couple of weeks ago, because I was told a couple of Senior players, were not happy at the quality of some players to be able to push forward.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Defensive? Seriously?

First thing he did was win a defensive header in midfield, something we didn't do the whole first half. Next thing he nearly scored with a header. He looked for the ball, moved it forward and used it well. Great potential as a Dundee player.

Exactly this. O'Hara was capable of doing the defensive side but looked to get forward made some great runs and picked out forward passes.

Thought the boy was very decent and improved us going forward immensely when he came on.

His performance was the highlight of the day for me (and Stewart's top corner finish).

I'm usually far too empathetic to be harsh on players but Willie Dyer was absolutely woeful.

As for O'Hara, his introduction seemed to have swing the game and he was unlucky not to get an assist. He picked up the ball deep in the defensive half and laid it off before bursting forward. Next thing he's skinning a fullback at the byline and does the right thing by cutting the ball back to the edge of the box where it ended up with Stewart for his 2nd. I think he has huge potential and hope he fulfils it.

Ok guys,this is whit eh heard.Ye can choose tae believe it or not.

Harkins is called intae Hartley,s office efter the Austria trip and telt he is no longer gonnae feature in the  the manager,s plans.

Harkins says,can u no hae telt me that in May!

Anyway when he comes intae the changing room the next day,he,s name is no longer above his locker.

Gerry Mccabe then informs him  he,s training wi the youngsters.

Very shabby way tae treat another human being in meh opinion and Hartley has really gone doon in meh estimation.

Honestly, have no liked putting this up,especially wi whits happened this last week.

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Harkins is called intae Hartley,s office efter the Austria trip and telt he is no longer gonnae feature in the  the manager,s plans.

Anyway when he comes intae the changing room the next day,he,s name is no longer above his locker.

Very shabby way tae treat another human being in meh opinion and Hartley has really gone doon in meh estimation.

Honestly, have no liked putting this up,especially wi whits happened this last week.

I smell shiiiiite

I wonder if Harkins will just see out the final year of his contract despite being completely frozen out and obviously will never kick a ball for us again or whether he is still desperate to play first team football and get a move elsewhere.

Regardless of what's happened in Austria that's lead to this, it's farcical that the club captain from last season who is one of our main players that only Stewart comes close to in terms of ability is sidelined never to play for us again with a year still to go on his contract.

Maybe just me, but would be a massive boost after all the bad news we've had if Hartley buried the hatchet and reintroduced him to his plans. Never going to happen though sadly.

9 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

I wonder if Harkins will just see out the final year of his contract despite being completely frozen out and obviously will never kick a ball for us again or whether he is still desperate to play first team football and get a move elsewhere.

Regardless of what's happened in Austria that's lead to this, it's farcical that the club captain from last season who is one of our main players that only Stewart comes close to in terms of ability is sidelined never to play for us again with a year still to go on his contract.

Maybe just me, but would be a massive boost after all the bad news we've had if Hartley buried the hatchet and reintroduced him to his plans. Never going to happen though sadly.

Sadly managers falling out with one of his players is nothing new leading to the player being frozen out until one of them leaves the club.

Surely Nelms can get Hartley and Harkins together to sort this out for the sake of the club.

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

This seems far more plausible than other stories I've read. In fact this is pretty much how I imagined it went down. No drama. Just ruthlessness.

What do we actually know about the situation with Harkins?

Well the story begins in mid-February when Harkins plays in the important 2-0 victory over St Johnstone. This game triggers a one-year extension and Hartley expresses his delight at the fact, saying it's well deserved as he's doing a great job as captain. At this point everyone is happy that GGH is staying for another year.

Two months later in April, the cracks start to appear. Harkins is asked to take a significant pay cut albeit with an extra year. To add insult to injury, the story being leaked the press.

Two months after that, in June. we discover that Harkins has lost the captaincy. Again, to add insult to injury, Hartley says there are two people worthy of being captain, neither of them Harkins.

A month later, in July, we find that Harkins is being asked to train with the youths and is the only senior player excluded from the official squad picture. Are these two more insults to add to the list or did Harkins do something to merit such treatment? We simply don't know.

My gut feeling is that he's being treated badly but obviously I'm not in possession of the full facts. 

I've always thought professional football as a pretty sh*t business.

Sounds like maybe Gary got a wee bit big for his boots.

I have enjoyed watching him in dark blue, he gave us many moments to remember.

i don't think Hartley would take this action unless it was warranted, as Manager you can't have your authority undermined, so I'm backing him.

Adblock Detected