Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Can We Afford To Lose Stewart And Hemmings

Reflecting on yesterday's game, and as much as stewart frustrated me yesterday in the first half it was his first game back from injury so all is forgiven. 

Hartley hinted that he would expect bids for both these players towards the end of the window. If that happens and we lose Both our star players, even for good money, where does that leave the squad? Do we have enough quality out with these 2 to compete effectively and stay up at least? I'm not so sure. 

I would say we could probably handle losing one or the other, not both, just ask our neighbours and I hope Hartley and the board use that as a reminder of what can happen when you sell your best players.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I suspect that they are now looking to cash in on Stewart, as there is no option to retain him any longer. Hartley probably knows who he wants.and wants the move sooner rather than later to have time to act. A transfer right at the window is no use to anybody as there is no time to act. Don't see anything wrong with that though. Different if he had two or three years left on his         contract. Hopefully he is way out of reach of the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts, and that Rangers are forced to pay decent money. Better keeping him to the end of his contract than selling cheap.

While I think Loy and Wighton are decent players I would have serious concerns with them being our starting forwards all season. Neither of them could give us what Hemmings and Stewart do on a consistent basis so if they go we need to be bringing at least one signing who could be a starter every week. 

While young Craig has come on massively he is not yet ready to be starting 11 every week and I like Loy I just think he is a couple of levels below Stewart and Hemmings. 

Agree we do look weak in numbers at full back though. 

I think we would survive albeit it would make life a whole lot more difficult .

As ive stated before id rather we sold Hemmings for big money and use that cash to try hold on to Stewart as unlikely as that now may be .

One thing is pretty obvious to me after watching the first two matches this season is that with no Harkins in the side we are going to rely heavily on Stewart as the creative spark in the side and without either I just don't see where that would come from and these types are hard to come by . 

Without the 2 of them we would have gone down last year and I'd think if we lost both of them we would be down there this year.

Their guaranteed regular goals help paper over the fact that we are pretty clueless at defending and got us to 8th last season.

The defence is not looking any better so far this season so to lose the pair of them would be an utter disaster in my opinion.

Loy and Wighton are not yet proven week in week out scorers at this level and the money it would take to replace Stewart and Hemmings with similar quality would mean we wouldn't make much off the deal.

i can see the logic of selling Stewart now and cashing in ONLY if it's an offer we can't refuse.

To sell both of them would be crazy and I could see us heading for an arabesque plummet to the bottom

13 minutes ago, md20/20 said:

I dont think we can cope with any of them leaving never mind both!!!

We rely on them because they are quality players. If they weren't here we'd play differently, focusing on other players.

Given that we were competitive this time two seasons ago with the likes of Letheren, Dyer, Benedictus, Konrad, Ferry, Tankulic and Roberts, I'm sure the current squad would do ok if we brought in a couple of new attackers to replace Stewart and Hemmings.

Adblock Detected