Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Threadbare Squad.

Spiritof62

The Manager by all accounts is concerned about his squad being diminished by injury and suspensions.

This makes the decision to send Whigton out on loan to Brechin even more strange.

At least young Craig has scored a league goal, unlike Tankulic.

Perhaps the wrong guy has been farmed out, maybe the Tank would benefit from a wee loan spell to get his scoring touch back?

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The Manager by all accounts is concerned about his squad being diminished by injury and suspensions.

This makes the decision to send Whigton out on loan to Brechin even more strange.

Perhaps the wrong guy has been farmed out, maybe the Tank would benefit from a wee loan spell to get his scoring touch back?

good post!

Spiritof62, on 22 Dec 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

Agree Tank would benefit with a loan spell.

Disagree that the decision to send Wighton out on loan is strange as he's simply not ready for anything other than coming off the bench evidently in the manager's view so will benefit from this loan spell and make his impact on our squad next season.

Tankulic is a stronger player physically than Wighton so is IMO a better option this season. Still confident that if he gets a goal he'll go on to get a few. I'd like to see Tankulic get a start this weekend and let Clarkson get a rest and re-charge.

Agree it does seem strange when we're short of players to let any first team fringe player go on loan though, although it probably is the right move for Craig. Maybe there are new names ready to sign as hinted at by PH in The Courier today.

We're incredibly unbalanced at the minute. We really need a few defenders in as if we have the same scenario as we did against County away again, then we're going to get a doing from someone.

A wide man who can deliver a ball and perhaps another creative midfielder will do nicely.

Davidson needs to move on to free up some wages and to help his own career.

I'd personally be disappointed if we changed our fitness methods regardless of the injuries we are picking up, as it's probably the fittest Dundee team I've seen in years!

I wouldn't confuse fitness with being able to field a better side than recent years due to being SPL and healthy budget.

Fitness wise we have seldom gave a 90 min performance and we have an alarming amount of non contact injuries this season.

If somebody gets a kick or bad tackle then fair dos but 90% of injuries haven't been that and it's hurting us bad and should be reviewed IMO.

Agree Tank would benefit with a loan spell.

Disagree that the decision to send Wighton out on loan is strange as he's simply not ready for anything other than coming off the bench evidently in the manager's view so will benefit from this loan spell and make his impact on our squad next season.

disagree, wighton is ready to get game time imo and therefore shouldn't have been

loaned out!! the tank yes.

The manager should really look into our training and fitness methods

See McBride got injured in warm up on Sat.

This is at least the 4th occasion this season that's happened so far .. Throw in the amount of strains and midweek training type injuries and it's costing us dear

bring back karen gibson!

Playing devils advocate but PH went for quality over quantity and its bit him in the *** (sorry for the Americanism, not sure if the alternative spelling would pass the filter). I was happy enough (and still am) so no complaints but it was a gamble.

Will now try to see if ar** passes the filter......

ETA Yusssss ! ar** ar** ar** arse  :D

The manager should really look into our training and fitness methods

See McBride got injured in warm up on Sat.

This is at least the 4th occasion this season that's happened so far .. Throw in the amount of strains and midweek training type injuries and it's costing us dear

This is a great point.. So much chat of late about how horrific our injury list is but very few actual impact injuries.. All strains, pulls and fatigue type injuries.

I do remember sitting watching us pre season against Man City saying this is the fittest Dundee team I have seen in years but I certainly don't feel that way now..

There are a good few who have been playing regularly that need a rest and with the injury and absentee list the way it is, we're not getting any chance to do that.

We would get more long term out of the likes of McGinn, Mcalister, Stewart and Clarkson if we could afford to rest them for a game or two..

PH seems like a pretty astute guy. I'm sure he'll have considered our training methods when analysing what the root cause of our injuries are.

Adblock Detected