Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thank You All Moderators

Prince Buster

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

OK Guys, I locked this topic  because it became apparent where it was heading.

I'm going to answer the the basic underlining question in this topic and hopefully it will let you understand why under the law there are certain posts or topics that we will not allow on this forum. It is not about protecting sensitive wee souls or because we're are not adult enough. The Malicious Communications Act 1988 and section 127 of the Communications Act 2003 means that a lot of posts on social media are taken to court each year.

The fact is using the terms 'spaz' or posting images 'chromosomal challenged' could see you in court and either fined up to £5,000 or 2 years in jail if convicted.  The fact is this, the law is now pretty clear on what constitutes a Hate Crime and In Scotland, the law recognises hate crimes as crimes motivated by prejudice based on:

• race
  • religion
  • sexual orientation
  • transgender identity
  • disability

Also online abuse and bullying via social media, forums and basically anything to do with electronic media.

http://www.hampshire.police.uk/internet/advice-and-information/abuse-against-the-person/offensive-messages-and-posts-on-social-media#offensive

http://www.scl.org/site.aspx?i=ed28102

All it takes is someone to be offended by your remarks, not even the person you have aimed your remark at and it could land you in court the very next morning.

'The fact that you think it is alright to use the terms 'spaz' or posting images 'chromosomal challenged''

No images were ever posted I would like this edited please.

Also you are taking certain parts of my posts and quoting them out of context. 

Edited by Guest

17 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

'The fact that you think it is alright to use the terms 'spaz' or posting images 'chromosomal challenged''

No images were ever posted I would like this edited please.

Also you are taking certain parts of my posts and quoting them out of context. 

Sorry, I should have made this clearer, this statement wasn't specifically aimed at you, but as an example (as used in the posts) and nothing more.

And no, I am not taking parts of your posts out of context at all. The word 'Spaz is a derogatory term, and while you never aimed this at anyone, if anyone had been offended by your remarks and had reported this to Police Scotland, it could have landed you in court.

Adblock Detected