Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Work

Cobra

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, Cobra said:

I'm being treated like sh*t at the moment by an American company, through no fault of my own.

I just wondered how other Dees are being treated.

Had a meeting with the manager on Tuesday to be informed that we would now be starting at 5.30am instead of 6.30am. not his fault it comes from a lot higher up.

3 1/2 years left until I can retire, if I live that long 😉🤣

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

I'm being treated like sh*t at the moment by an American company, through no fault of my own.

I just wondered how other Dees are being treated.

So-so.

Working in SE Asia brings home to me how "lucky" guys are working in countries where employees rights are protected.   

9 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

Try Japanese mate! 

I think the Japanese have a word for 'worked to death' and nobody else does.

I was working 80 hours a week 20 years ago for Yahoo and I was in contact with this girl in Tokyo. She was in a world of pain and it didn't sound like she had a choice.

12 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I think the Japanese have a word for 'worked to death' and nobody else does.

I was working 80 hours a week 20 years ago for Yahoo and I was in contact with this girl in Tokyo. She was in a world of pain and it didn't sound like she had a choice.

Luckily I'm not working in Japan but my company is Japanese so that's the working culture.  Unfortunately, the Philippines working culture is polar opposite so the company policies and rules are all around total control and lack of trust.  Home-based so I can keep my head down and do my stuff.  

9 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

Luckily I'm not working in Japan but my company is Japanese so that's the working culture.  Unfortunately, the Philippines working culture is polar opposite so the company policies and rules are all around total control and lack of trust.  Home-based so I can keep my head down and do my stuff.  

I'm working for an American company and the message is you are f**cking WORTHLESS!

Honestly I think they would try and charge my family if I committed suicide.

In a way it's good because it's a wake-up call.

3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I'm working for an American company and the message is you are f**cking WORTHLESS!

Honestly I think they would try and charge my family if I committed suicide.

In a way it's good because it's a wake-up call.

I've worked for 2 American companies and 3 Japanese as well as 1 local.  The only difference between the American and Japanese ones was the American ones at least had some pretence that people mattered.  End of the day, as long as I worked and they paid me we were all good.  

Best approach - no expectation of anything above what's required on both sides = happy campers.  And that's coming from a 23-year HR Veteran!

6 minutes ago, Cobra said:

n a way it's good because it's a wake-up call.

That scene Cobra you (& maybe a few others) are in, sounds horrific.

Think we have all experienced something similar at some time in our life. In most cases...like family commitments, or simply trying to survive, we've felt we've been unable to do anything about the situation. Although I'm fairly comfortable, I can honestly say, I have never been "driven" by money (I value more good health, peace of mind, and the dignity of myself, family, friends)

And I think I learned long ago, I'd rather shovel sh*t & live with just the basic necessities, than take on a regular basis, bulls**t from anyone, who for whatever reason, thought they were better than me or others & mis-used their power...whether that be in a social or work situation.

But I guess, we all have our different values, & learn (or forced into a situation) where we have to deal with "problems" in our own way.

Be careful freend ... And look after yourself.

Adblock Detected