Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The New Stadium Thread

Ricky Spanish

16 hours ago, Crawford95 said:

Have you seen McDiarmid Park? 

It looks terrible. Should be dark blue primary and white and third colour red. 

They don't like it they can lump it!

I never understood why the teams - including Rangers (RIP) and Aberdeen - originally had all sorts of colours, yellow red and blue as I recall, it seemed to take a long time to work out that they could use their own colours for the whole ground.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

As we all know the expo is this Friday between 1-8pm. 

How many of you will be attending?

I don't know if photos will be allowed but I will take some pictures and upload them here for those that can't make it. I'm sure other people will too.

Edited by Crawford95
Autocorrect

13 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Who's heading up to the ice rink for the big unveiling of the stadium plans tomorrow then?

The more positive feedback on the back of tomorrow's event, the better me thinks... 

Think I'll be nipping over there at the tail end. My kids like to go ice skating on a Friday night, which starts at 7pm. Kids are kept occupied whilst I have a nosey at the stadium plans, win-win!! :D

Sitting here you get a real sense of thought and how determined the board are for this to progress. 

Talks of noise pollution reduction and renewable from heat waste produced by the ice arena. 

Even details on the training pitches being mixed surface types (pitch one primary is 3G which is worrying). 

It's all very positive here. Only concerned that preliminary site evaluation found a red squirrel colony in the tree line. That is the only spanner I see in all of this very positive positive works.

How is the project going to be financed? Who is lending who money and at what rate of interest?are loans secured?How will income from the add ons be forthcoming?Will the houses be sold or rented for eg.?Will the crematorium be rented sold leased etc?Same with rink and cinema?Basic stuff.Did anyone speak about that?

Plans look great.

Grass pitch, enclosed stadium, adjacent training pitches: 3 grass, one 3G, 2 supporters bars, restaurants, curling rink, car parking for over 1200 cars and 21 coaches, 15,000 seats not set in stone, shallow seating at front of stands going up to steeper towards the back, cremmy, road directly off kingsway with roundabout, traffic lights instead of Coupar Angus rd roundabout, hotel, 

All looks very impressive. Won't believe it until the spade goes in the ground though ?

Adblock Detected