Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The New Stadium Thread

Ricky Spanish

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I am sure our Directors are savvy enough to listen to the Clubs lifeblood namely the fans about names of stadium,lounges,etc and seat colours.Whilst it was too much to hope for that the new stand would have the same shape as the main Stand at Dens the names can and will be carefully devised.Partick will find that they have sold their heritage down the river for a fast buck and will in the medium/long term regret it.

In any event given my own lamentable recent experience with our commercial department it is highly unlikely they will spell any ones name right so lets keep it simple with DENS and how about a stand or lounge named in tribute to the ordinary fan-such as THE WULLIE REILLY LOUNGE

Very impressed with the plans, and the level of detail that has been put in. Very excited to see this come to fruition. It all benefits Dundee Football Club, because for Dark Blue Property Holdings (Keyes/Nelms), to get the revenue from the bars/restaurants they need fans coming to the stadium to use it. To get fans coming to the stadium, Dundee needs to be a top flight club, as Celtic/Rangers/Aberdeen won't be in the Championship, that all means a strong Dundee Football Club both on and off the park. The emphasis on Youth Development will be even more crucial with the new training centre, bringing through young players and playing for a top team in Scotland. The gym, hotel, nursery etc... will bring in money and that can't be a bad thing. Dundee FC could have the best stadium complex in Scotland. Is there another Scottish club that would have all of this? Celtic Park, Hampden? No.  We are literally thinking out the box, this is something new for Scotland. 

The only thing holding this back, would be peoples narrownarrow mindedness, tree huggers and a City Council that is blinkered. This will create jobs and investment into this City, bring people from all over the UK for concerts etc.. again all generating money and keeping people in jobs. People that say the V&A is a waste of time and blah blah blah will say this is rubbish. What the V&A is doing, is putting Dundee on the map, and bringing money to this great City.  

I personally, can only see benefits. Imagine your son, daughter, grandkids seeing a top Dundee team never to experience the pain and hurt that we have been through? Well if you want that, then you need to back the new stadium. 

2 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Very impressed with the plans, and the level of detail that has been put in. Very excited to see this come to fruition. It all benefits Dundee Football Club, because for Dark Blue Property Holdings (Keyes/Nelms), to get the revenue from the bars/restaurants they need fans coming to the stadium to use it. To get fans coming to the stadium, Dundee needs to be a top flight club, as Celtic/Rangers/Aberdeen won't be in the Championship, that all means a strong Dundee Football Club both on and off the park. The emphasis on Youth Development will be even more crucial with the new training centre, bringing through young players and playing for a top team in Scotland. The gym, hotel, nursery etc... will bring in money and that can't be a bad thing. Dundee FC could have the best stadium complex in Scotland. Is there another Scottish club that would have all of this? Celtic Park, Hampden? No.  We are literally thinking out the box, this is something new for Scotland. 

The only thing holding this back, would be peoples narrownarrow mindedness, tree huggers and a City Council that is blinkered. This will create jobs and investment into this City, bring people from all over the UK for concerts etc.. again all generating money and keeping people in jobs. People that say the V&A is a waste of time and blah blah blah will say this is rubbish. What the V&A is doing, is putting Dundee on the map, and bringing money to this great City.  

I personally, can only see benefits. Imagine your son, daughter, grandkids seeing a top Dundee team never to experience the pain and hurt that we have been through? Well if you want that, then you need to back the new stadium. 

The relationship with the council and club really needs to be applauded. They've really tried to solve loads of different problems and put together a pretty impressive proposal that benefits the whole city.

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Partick's ground is now called "The Energy Check Stadium at Firhill" in a laughable attempt at retaining their heritage while still cashing in.

Maybe we could go for the "Tony Macaroni Arena at New Dens/Camperdown".

New Douglas Park is the super seal stadium. County is called Cheaper Energy Direct. 

I don't think it will be anything paying homage to the club. It will be named after the American overlords or Keynes Capital Stadium or some such.

59 minutes ago, dfcman said:

I am sure our Directors are savvy enough to listen to the Clubs lifeblood namely the fans about names of stadium,lounges,etc and seat colours.Whilst it was too much to hope for that the new stand would have the same shape as the main Stand at Dens the names can and will be carefully devised.Partick will find that they have sold their heritage down the river for a fast buck and will in the medium/long term regret it.

In any event given my own lamentable recent experience with our commercial department it is highly unlikely they will spell any ones name right so lets keep it simple with DENS and how about a stand or lounge named in tribute to the ordinary fan-such as THE WULLIE REILLY LOUNGE

Any lounge or stand would need to be named after a Dundee FC playing legend, manager or director to have any relevance in years to come.

If there was a 'tribute' name to the ordinary fan surely it would have to be called the Derry Lounge / Dens Lounge or the like?

2 hours ago, AnAnInginAneAnA said:

I'd have thought it'd be pretty obvious that the funding will be coming from Keyes capital who are largely real estate investors. 

Remember when nobody could figure out why American investors would want to get involved with a small(ish) Scottish Football club in the first place? I guess we've got our answer now..

So who is the banker or financial institution underwritng this project.?Are we speculating or do you have the answer for certain?

Can you evidence of who is bankrolling This? 

I'm asking a very important question here because unless that's in place this new stadium is a non starter.I don't want to be disappointed either.

Someone must know.

2 minutes ago, JimM said:

So who is the banker or financial institution underwritng this project.?Are we speculating or do you have the answer for certain?

Can you evidence of who is bankrolling This? 

I'm asking a very important question here because unless that's in place this new stadium is a non starter.I don't want to be disappointed either.

Someone must know.

Obviously we're all speculating, none of us know the answer.

Ask the question where the answer will be i.e. in the Dens Park board room. I can assure you however you won't get a reply from them as the whole thing will be covered by confidentiality agreements.

If I was you I'd expect to be disappointed over this then you won't feel as bad if it all falls through, that's what I'm doing. I'll believe it when I see a steel structure on that site, until then it can all only be speculation, ifs, buts and maybes.

Adblock Detected