The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Good work being done by the DFC in the Community Trust. A group of young people left for Spain yesterday, in a project called 'Dees without Frontiers'  with Cordoba FC Foundation. Good to see the club doing good work with all ages of the community.  

We could possibly use this thread for all things community related? 

20 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Good work being done by the DFC in the Community Trust. A group of young people left for Spain yesterday, in a project called 'Dees without Frontiers'  with Cordoba FC Foundation. Good to see the club doing good work with all ages of the community.  

Is this Steve Martin's project?

Sorry - a wee tangent - what's Steve Martin's official role these days? I've lost track!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GregTeamDee said:

Go right ahead Greg :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, harry94 said:

Sorry - a wee tangent - what's Steve Martin's official role these days? I've lost track!

Hi Harry,

Steve Martin is the Dundee director in charge of DFC in the Community Trust. 

A fortnight past Tuesday (25th September) I attended a Senior supporters meeting in the Billy Steel Lounge which comes under the umbrella of the DFC in the Community Trust. In August 2018 I happened to notice on their Facebook page that a new senior supporters group was being formed and it quoted an email address to register to join which I did. 

Steve Martin’s son-in-law was the guest speaker and it was interesting listening to him speaking about his playing career especially the three games he played for Dundee during Admin 2.

I enclose details of the projects that DFC in the Community Trust are involved in including the senior supporters group. https://dfccommunitytrust.org.uk/projects/

At the September senior supporters group meeting I suggested to Steve Martin that details of the group should also be listed on the website as not everybody uses Facebook. 

9 hours ago, GregTeamDee said:

Thanks for highlighting this Greg, this is great stuff by the club and I hope this trust receives the recognition it deserves, I would love to join the seniors section, but living in England perhaps makes that impractical, anyway, at last, something positive to talk about.

15 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

At the September senior supporters group meeting I suggested to Steve Martin that details of the group should also be listed on the website as not everybody uses Facebook. 

I would agree with that. I feel we have too many accounts, we have the DFC in the Community, Dundee FC academy & Dundee FC official account. It should all be on the main account, and sections on the website for each 'department'. I would even go as far, as having the name and contact details etc.. of supporters groups all around the world on the official website. 

Basically, the official website should be the main 'one stop shop' for all things Dee related. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, GregTeamDee said:

I would agree with that. I feel we have too many accounts, we have the DFC in the Community, Dundee FC academy & Dundee FC official account. It should all be on the main account, and sections on the website for each 'department'. I would even go as far, as having the name and contact details etc.. of supporters groups all around the world on the official website. 

Basically, the official website should be the main 'one stop shop' for all things Dee related. 

Hi Greg,

I agree with you. 

Unfortunately there are too many ‘empire builders’ who each want their own website or Facebook page. 

The official website would have to be completely revamped to include everything you suggest. 

Has Steve been given a wee project by the Yanks as opposed to the big project? I.e. a decent team on the park and a new stadium?

Just wondering in a cynical kinda way?

13 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Has Steve been given a wee project by the Yanks as opposed to the big project? I.e. a decent team on the park and a new stadium?

Just wondering in a cynical kinda way?

Hoping you are way off the mark BCG. Club needs the "community" element and I would have thought that having Steve in charge would be the Americans way of showing just how important this trust is to the club.

3 minutes ago, petercaproni said:

I think Steve martin's contribution is way underrated. Doing a great job with DFC in the community as well.

Hi Peter ...

I've no' reason at all to disbelieve anything in your comment above. But I don't know much about his role.

However, is it no' time he "blawed his ain trumpet" aboot the guid work, he is doing And the Club is doing.

Jings we're definitely at this time, needing some Positive News .... As weel as Positive Communication.

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

Hi Peter ...

I've no' reason at all to disbelieve anything in your comment above. But I don't know much about his role.

However, is it no' time he "blawed his ain trumpet" aboot the guid work, he is doing And the Club is doing.

Jings we're definitely at this time, needing some Positive News .... As weel as Positive Communication.

Agreed G, surely we can at least keep this thread positive.

3 hours ago, Derekgow said:

Agreed G, surely we can at least keep this thread positive.

Hi Derek,

I enclose details of how to join the senior supporters section https://dfccommunitytrust.org.uk/projects/

Although there is nothing yet posted on either the website or Facebook page it was announced at the last meeting on 25th September that the next meeting would take place on Thursday 1st November with former Dundee player Dusan Vrto the guest speaker. 

16 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Derek,

I enclose details of how to join the senior supporters section https://dfccommunitytrust.org.uk/projects/

Although there is nothing yet posted on either the website or Facebook page it was announced at the last meeting on 25th September that the next meeting would take place on Thursday 1st November with former Dundee player Dusan Vrto the guest speaker. 

Thanks for the info Islay, but as I said earlier, probably not practical, with me living in darkest England.👍

Just now, Derekgow said:

Thanks for the info Islay, but as I said earlier, probably not practical, with me living in darkest England.👍

Hi Derek,

It is also difficult for me living in Islay but I try to arrange my trips to Dundee to coincide with home games and senior supporters meetings. 

There is nothing to stop you registering and attending a meeting if you are on holiday in Dundee at the same time as a meeting. 

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the next senior supporters meeting. 

3 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Derek,

It is also difficult for me living in Islay but I try to arrange my trips to Dundee to coincide with home games and senior supporters meetings. 

There is nothing to stop you registering and attending a meeting if you are on holiday in Dundee at the same time as a meeting. 

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the next senior supporters meeting. 

Unfortunately, I can only get up to Dundee once, maybe twice a year these days, if I was going to join I would want to be a regular attender.

1 hour ago, Derekgow said:

Unfortunately, I can only get up to Dundee once, maybe twice a year these days, if I was going to join I would want to be a regular attender.

Hi Derek,

It was worth my while attending the last meeting as I won the quiz after correctly answering the tie break question and I won a Dundee FC lapel badge.

Edited by islaydarkblue
Typo.
  • Like 1

Remember dusan scoring late on against Motherwell?? And nearly joining us in the provie!!