Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Points-winning (Boring) 'Ugly Fitba' Vs 'Pointless' Pretty Stuff. Time for Dundee To Toughen Up?Ughen-up?

Gedee

I'm not at all sure you can't play effective "pretty fitba" & keep winning games.

But although I am not sure just how other teams go about it, we all know there are other teams, that are not so concerned about the quality of fare on offer (described at times by some as 90 mins of negative boring stuff) but there only focus is a determination to leave the field with the 3 points in the bag ... Regardless of the quality !! They are not necessarily "dirty" as such, but it is apparent from the off, they don't mind putting up the shutters, mixing it up a bit, & if needs be, taking no prisoners (When you look at DFC's foul count after some defeats, it seems to me, that we are not assertive enough & allow the street-wise opposition to take charge & run the show.

It might be said by some, DFC in a few games this season, have managed to play "ugly" at times & never been in the game.

But simple question: Should DFC continue to at least put the emphasis on improving standards of football...Or get tougher?

Don't get to games now. But was always aware when attending regular. Even boring games were sweet, if we won the points :happyyes:

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I don't get how you couldn't enjoy any win. I remember people moaning about the performance at home vs Ayr, Alloa and Morton. Sure, those wins weren't pretty, and just winning doesn't mean there's nothing to improve on, but it's still a win. Utd fans were moaning about Neilson during their first winning run about 'not playing pretty football'. If you're getting results, who gives a f**k about pretty football?!

McPake needs to change the squad because they collapsed against Utd, not because they didn't play pretty football. They won 3 games with the same lineup beforehand because it was effective enough, and now it looks like we need a switch-up. I will continue to enjoy every win, regardless of how the team got it. The 3 points are all that will be remembered in the future.

When it comes to playing Utd. DFC are like the bullied boy at school fighting the school bully. We don’t seem to be up for the fight, and our fear of losing puts us at an immediate disadvantage. 

Time we toughened up indeed Gedee and showed some grit and determination to give Utd. a right metaphorical rap in the puss. It can be as ugly as feck for all I care but it’s good to learn to how to grind out a win. Once you know how to do ugly, and you match teams or get them on the back foot, you can slap on a bit of make up and start making it prettier. At least then you have something to fall back on when it doesn’t work. Hamilton are a good example of this and in recent years there are times I wished we had a bit of what they had.

Playing good football should always be our aim but when it doesn’t work we just unravel. We need to fix that and get some spirit about this squad. 

1 hour ago, Aberdee said:

Time we toughened up indeed Gedee and showed some grit and determination to give Utd. a right metaphorical rap in the puss

Sweetly put Aberdee ... It has a nice, gentle ring to it :happyyes:

I think JMP should include this comment, in his pre-game-team talk, whoever/whatever the opposition ...

Just before he unlocks & let's loose players from their dressing room cages & steel chain/shackles:chaplin:

Adblock Detected