Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Luke McCowan.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, TC86 said:

If we could extend the contracts of those already signed up and add Boateng & Donnelly as permanent signings we would be going on to the season in pretty good shape.

Personally i would also like to see Zach Robinson , Bakayoko  & Mellon added on permanent deals  but id say the reality of that happening,  maybe not as realistic .

I also wouldn't be totally against Costello becoming a permanent accusation , I think he has something to offer in the final third     

Bakayoko and McCracken being out of contract would be the most likely permanent deals. The others may extend their loans but I don't see too many of them, at this stage, being realistic permanent signings. Boateng, Donnelly and Mellon would be worth keeping on loan if possible. Robinson, imo, won't return here next season as I don't think he's offered too much value to the team when presented with playing opportunities. 

21 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think he's got a years to go. He signed for 3.5yrs when we were in the Premiership last time. 0.5 was on loan then permanent when in the Championship for 3yrs. 

Absolute madness that deal length was sanctioned if that's correct 

18 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Bakayoko and McCracken being out of contract would be the most likely permanent deals. The others may extend their loans but I don't see too many of them, at this stage, being realistic permanent signings. Boateng, Donnelly and Mellon would be worth keeping on loan if possible. Robinson, imo, won't return here next season as I don't think he's offered too much value to the team when presented with playing opportunities. 

I think Robinson has had a bit of  a stop start time of it not helped by injuries this season .

I think when you look at the actually type of goals he has scored in terms of quality that shows the kind of ability he actually does have .

I get that he hasn't set the heather on fire this season but likewise I would certainly not be disappointed to see him return in whatever capacity next season 

1 hour ago, dblair said:

Think its crucial we try to tie up one or 2 of the more successful loanees for next season. 

Based on the Squad list posted by ludo here's who we have under contract for next season. With the likes of Kerr, Ashcroft, Rudden and Anderson all out on loan and not looking to be part of the furtue along with Pineda and Byrne, French OOC thats a fair list of players added to the Loan players who will be departing. 

Goalkeepers:

#1: Adam Legzdins (36) - 01/06/2025

#31: Trevor Carson (35) - 01/06/2026

#30: Harrison Sharp (22) - 01/06/2025

Defenders:

#2: Cammy Kerr (27) - 01/06/2025 - Most likely will leave

#4: Ryan Astley - 01/06/2026

#5: Joe Shaughnessy (30) - Unknown (Signed from St Mirren)

#14: Lee Ashcroft (29) - 01/06/2025 - Most likely will leave

#29: Juan Antonio Portales (27) - Unknown (Signed from Atlante)

#6: Jordan McGhee (26) - 01/06/2025

Midfielders:

#7: Scott Tiffoney (24) - Unknown (Signed from Partick Thistle)

#24: Max Anderson (22) - 01/06/2025 - On loan at Inverness - Most likely will leave

#15: Josh Mulligan (20) - 01/06/2025

#17: Luke McCowan (25) - 01/06/2025

#18: Charlie Reilly (21) - 01/06/2025 (Signed from Albion Rovers)

#19: Finlay Robertson (20) - 01/06/2025

#25: Lyall Cameron (20) - 01/06/2025

#28: Mo Sylla (29) - 01/06/2025

Strikers:

#11: Diego Pineda (28) - Unknown (Signed from UAT) - Most likely will leave

#20: Zak Rudden (23) - 01/06/2025 - Most likely will leave

#8: Curtis Main (30) - 01/06/2025

Another big summer next year as well by the looks of it. Most players contracts up in 2025 so will need renewed or replaced.

Looks like the next few windows are also going to be busy times ✍️

36 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think he's got a years to go. He signed for 3.5yrs when we were in the Premiership last time. 0.5 was on loan then permanent when in the Championship for 3yrs. 

Yes, I think his deal was to June 2025

Think we are going to unsettle our players with talking about who goes etc.

Understand that there is always some kind of chat but nothing is settled for this season, yet. I'd much rather be talking about getting 6th and how we do that with the squad of players who we have. Also think it will be a disaster if we lose momentum and lose every game after the split if we do make top 6.

3 hours ago, TC86 said:

I think Robinson has had a bit of  a stop start time of it not helped by injuries this season .

I think when you look at the actually type of goals he has scored in terms of quality that shows the kind of ability he actually does have .

I get that he hasn't set the heather on fire this season but likewise I would certainly not be disappointed to see him return in whatever capacity next season 

It's more his attitude that's been in question imo. I could be wrong but his body language has suggested that mentally he wasn't buying into things. He's not the main man he was last season and maybe that's a factor.

3 hours ago, TC86 said:

Absolute madness that deal length was sanctioned if that's correct 

Caught between a rock and a hard place, we desperately needed a striker and obviously had to push the boat out to get him. It didn't really work out for Rudden here but I think it will for him somewhere as he's got good attributes but maybe hasn't brought them all together too often at Dundee. The right set-up will get the best out of him imo.

47 minutes ago, BCram said:

Understand that there is always some kind of chat but nothing is settled for this season, yet. I'd much rather be talking about getting 6th and how we do that with the squad of players who we have. Also think it will be a disaster if we lose momentum and lose every game after the split if we do make top 6.

Contract talks go on all the time with players it’s something they usually take in their stride, McCowan is a gem and hopefully a new team can be built around him , Mulligan and Cameron. Realistically money talks, especially in football and I don’t think we should be surprised if he is lured away to a bigger club sooner rather than later. 🤞🤞🤞

42 minutes ago, BCram said:

I'd disagree to an extent. The unwanted players are out on loan at other clubs. All of the guys still here and under contract will still be under contract but a handful will be offered extensions. The loan players will be returning to their parent clubs unless we negotiate their return next season but that negotiation will be between the clubs. Legdzins is still here but by all accounts will be moving into a new role.

The players currently at Dens who I'd see as having a bit of work to do are the likes of Sharp, Robertson, Reilly and maybe Mulligan because they haven't played a lot of minutes. All will still be contacted to Dundee until at least 2025 however.

Kerr, Anderson, Ashcroft, French, Rudden, Byrne and any other senior players out on loan that I've missed will be given the opportunity to leave the club in the summer imo as they won't be part of TD's plans.

14 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Caught between a rock and a hard place, we desperately needed a striker and obviously had to push the boat out to get him. It didn't really work out for Rudden here but I think it will for him somewhere as he's got good attributes but maybe hasn't brought them all together too often at Dundee. The right set-up will get the best out of him imo.

Hes a decent championship level striker and no doubt he will have plenty of good  offers at that level but that is what his level is without a doubt 

Adblock Detected