Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Goalkeeper Parish Injured

5 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

Shocking defending made it easy for Rangers. Meekings gave the ball away, yet again, for the first. Mistake every week yet we give him another contract. Not nearly as good as I hoped. Too many players in and out the team. Kerr, Curran, Waddell and Jon all ditched when their replacements are no better. Holt out for about a dozen games presumably because of poor form but now he's in favour again. He made a shocking pass while we had several players up for a corner that led to a charge with 4 on 2. Luckily they hit the post and Miller missed the rebound. Another lucky dip for team selection and formation next game.

Can't really argue with a word of that.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Just watched recording of Sportscene, and considering it was 14-12 in attempts at goal, bbc did a good job of showing all 14 of Rangers attempts and only 1 of ours. Rarely has a match with such even stats been turned into such one-sided highlights ;) 

As for the earlier goals debate....

Candeiras' low cross between our back line & keeper was one of those classic 'how do you defend against that' balls, but I'm fairly certain what you definitely don't do as the keeper is dive to your right when the ball's crossing in front of you.....you attack it, surely, or stay on your feet in case someone manages to knock it goalwards. I'm fairly sure Parish did something similar earlier in the season, at Dens, on TV (Hibs?), though on that occasion I recall the ball was played across from the edge of the 6-yard box (so he had no time to 'dive forward' as the commentator suggested), not from near the touchline. On this occasion, he did have time to 'dive forward' & stop the ball reaching the back of the goal.

Only Parish knows why he decided to pass to Kusunga on the edge of the middle of the box, with a player behind him. The only feasible pass for Kusunga (who was a bit slow) was back to Parish (or put it out anywhere), who'd have had to then hit it up the park....so why not just hit it there in the first place? That's the first goal we've flogged directly as a consequence of the 'passing game' out of defence, and I have a feeling a few of us said long ago that, if we do, it'll be a howler. It was. :slaphead:  

Having said that, I hope Parish recovers in time for the first post-split game, I don't think the defence would be confident with the alternatives.

Edited by WoodStein

13 hours ago, Valentke said:

As I typed that I thought I’ll be in for pelters. Turns out I was so eager I forgot to even bother watching it.

If you use a Diary Valentke, maybe you should add an "entry" every "Sportscene Day" ....

"Must remeber NO to watch this":chaplin:

11 hours ago, Harold Finch said:

The Morelos goal was from a quality cross from Candieas, in the build up Rangers play the ball from left to right then Candieas delivers a cross that Moussa might cock up

I'll give Parish a break (to go with the nose break) for the third goal, when he puts it out to Kusnga he's looking for a first time ball back to him so he can hit the rolling ball up the park, obviously the lack of communication between the two of them saw Kusunga take the touch and the rest is history

It was never a 4-0 game, very flattering for Rangers

A lot of Rangers fans singing the praises of Caulker and Kamara after the game

tbf if there is any game of the season where I'd have taken the third goal to happen, it was Saturday. Hopefully gets it out of their system as I think we were going to lose a goal like that at some point. I actually thought Kusunga was really good as well tbh but he's only human.

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

tbf if there is any game of the season where I'd have taken the third goal to happen, it was Saturday. Hopefully gets it out of their system as I think we were going to lose a goal like that at some point. I actually thought Kusunga was really good as well tbh but he's only human.

Am I right in thinking that in Kusunga's first game, he looked like a bit o' a bomb-scare that was just waiting to get "sent-off"?

But as the game progressed he seemed to calm down. I get the impression he is settling down & progressing into someone

who will be very useful for us.

1 minute ago, Gedee said:

Am I right in thinking that in Kusunga's first game, he looked like a bit o' a bomb-scare that was just waiting to get "sent-off"?

But as the game progressed he seemed to calm down. I get the impression he is settling down & progressing into someone

who will be very useful for us.

Yeah, he was struggling with a bit of pace at Killie in the first twenty minutes but calmed throughout the game.

Adblock Detected