Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Season Tickets 18/19

3 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Derek. 

I sometimes ask her if my posts make sense before hitting the submit button. I was not on the Dark Blues forum last night and I only became aware of the early sale of season tickets for the 2018-19 season when I read it this afternoon on this forum.

I read out some of the posts on this topic and my wife said to me that they made a lot of sense.

Hopefully the staff at Dens will be reading all the posts on this topic and reporting the posters discontent to John Nelms. 

Alternatively they could “copy and paste” this topic and send it in an email to John Nelms.

Perhaps then he might realise that it pays to talk to fans groups to try to get them onside rather than just ploughing ahead with no consideration for PATG Dundee supporters.

Cheers islay, not a lover of fan groups bud, I,m on record as saying wouldn’t have them anywhere near decision making at the club, we are way to emotional for that, prefer to leave it to the proven businessmen we currently have as owners.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
47 minutes ago, Derekgow said:

Cheers islay, not a lover of fan groups bud, I,m on record as saying wouldn’t have them anywhere near decision making at the club, we are way to emotional for that, prefer to leave it to the proven businessmen we currently have as owners.

Hi Derek,

I have never been a member of a Dundee supporters club. 

On this occasion I think that the board of directors have slipped up big time. 

A Q&A a couple of months ago for Dundee supporters with no members of the Press present would have been the way forward. John Nelms could have put forward his proposed ideas for the 2018-19 season ticket and asked for comments by those present. Other questions could have been asked by the supporters with replies by John Nelms. Discussion about the football team would have been “off limits”.

As far as I can see Dundee supporters are in the dark about when the new stadium will be built and if it does not go ahead what plans do FPS have for Dens Park.

58 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Hopefully Nelms may read them himself.

I know that someone in the club reads the posts on this forum. When I posted my “duff” Information about the numbers of people playing the Dee Promotions Lottery I was informed that my post had been read on this forum.

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

You still don't see why it'd be better to get money in early then? 

In my opinion it is a dangerous road to go down as each season the club might start to start selling season tickets earlier and earlier. Eventually they might start spending season ticket money for next season in the current season and that is a recipie for disaster.

3 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Derek,

I have never been a member of a Dundee supporters club. 

On this occasion I think that the board of directors have slipped up big time. 

A Q&A a couple of months ago for Dundee supporters with no members of the Press present would have been the way forward. John Nelms could have put forward his proposed ideas for the 2018-19 season ticket and asked for comments by those present. Other questions could have been asked by the supporters with replies by John Nelms. Discussion about the football team would have been “off limits”.

As far as I can see Dundee supporters are in the dark about when the new stadium will be built and if it does not go ahead what plans do FPS have for Dens Park.

Thing is though islay, when we have had these Q+A sessions, it usually ends up raising more questions than is answered, certainly  on this board, and I would imagine that the board, being seasoned businessmen, have complete confidence in their ability to take the club in the right direction, without giving potential competitors a heads up on their plans.

I really don’t get the fans mindset which makes them believe it’s “our club” and we’re entitled to know what’s going on at all times, it is not our club, it’s theirs, we are fans (or customers, as some prefer nowadays)of the club and they will let us know soon enough.

1 minute ago, Ranking Roger said:

No. Why should I.

People cheating the club contributes to them having to charge us honest punters the ridiculous prices that they do. However if you feel it's more morally acceptable for honest people to be over charged than to bring to light instances of fraud then fair play to you, that is you prerogative.

1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

People cheating the club contributes to them having to charge us honest punters the ridiculous prices that they do. However if you feel it's more morally acceptable for honest people to be over charged than to bring to light instances of fraud then fair play to you, that is you prerogative.

The club can stop it themselves. The people have to purchase the ticket, and then enter turnstyle with same ticket. 

As an honest punter, I’m being charged these ridiculous prices, but I still don’t feel the need to be the secret police for Dundee FC.

Also we’re not the only club charging these ridiculous prices.

6 minutes ago, Ranking Roger said:

The club can stop it themselves. The people have to purchase the ticket, and then enter turnstyle with same ticket. 

As an honest punter, I’m being charged these ridiculous prices, but I still don’t feel the need to be the secret police for Dundee FC.

Fair enough, it's your conscience and if you feel it's clear knowing that someone is cheating the club, yourself and every other honest fan out there then I'm not going to question it?

4 minutes ago, Ranking Roger said:

If someone  took money off you when they were not entitled to it would you contact the police?If I knew of anyone pretending to qualify for a reduced concession ticket then I would inform the Club.Same as people not paying car road tax  or insurance-  I do not approve of anyone not paying a full price whilst I am .As I said before,the Club could police this police with simple identification...maybe they already do.

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

Not saying the club have got pricing right but 'disgrace' is a strong word. Arsenal charging £100 for matchday tickets when they generate huge revenue is disgraceful.

Dundee lose hundreds of thousands of pounds a year. It's not as if the fans are being ripped off because the owners are greedy. 

Well maybe the owners need to have a long look at themselves and take some of the blame for these loses. They are continually allowing managers to rebuild squads every season, sign far to Many players for each position and ending up paying off contracts. It seems to me the fans are being asked to foot the bill for the manager and boards f**k ups. 

Adblock Detected