Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Americans Please Leave Now....

eyeothedug

8 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

My understanding was that the tie up was to be with Tim Keyes football academy in Austin Texas which does not seem to have materialised.

In August 2013 there was never any mention of a new stadium development as FPS were going to buy back Dens Park for the Dundee supporters. 

I recently came across an article in a newspaper with stated that once FPS had bought Dens Park they would sell it back to the fans. Is this correct or just here say.

That would have been great. Much better than a white elephant stadium project.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
28 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Nelms come out and explained that they set out a criteria of getting someone with experience managing in this league and McIntyre had that and had inherited a very similar situation in the past at County and gotten them out of it.

I really don't get why he gets so much sh**e for McIntyre tbh. McCann with no oversight was a massive error but the second choice was entirely logical and went along with consensus.

It’s a Steven Thomson on Sportcene was right when he said “how is it even possible to lose 9 games on the trot”.

McIntyre told his employers he could turn us round, any way you look at it, he failed massively, he could not even secure one point in the last 9 games.

This is not just failure it’s a spectacular failure by anybody’s standard.

He MUST GO and with zero payoff.

Accies, St Mirren, Motherwell and St Johnstone have all managed to survive on lower budgets and lower attendances than ours, it all points to a lack of control and experience by Mr Nelms.

30 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Its only a matter of time tonight before TK gets it for being associated with JN.  By my reckoning TK's mother and father are ultimately responsible for our predicament for daring to bring their beloved son into the world in the first place.😀

....and for giving him way too much pocket money, while not allowing him to have any pets ;)

2 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

That would have been great. Much better than a white elephant stadium project.

It is a pity that Wyevale had not built their garden centre as planned on the site of the former NCR Camperdown grounds after planning permission was previously granted as the For Sale sign would have been removed. 

26 minutes ago, Attilio said:

It may not be obvious but if we are going to go for an experienced manager at any time then there will likely be a 99% chance that he has failed at some point, at some club in his career.  there are very few experienced managers around that haven't failed at some point.

It's not that they've all failed (we all do, somewhere), it's the way he's failed....and failed even more than the failure he replaced... > :bye: (🤞)

Dont trust these Guys- Never Have!!! As for the manager- I supported him at the start but now...…….he has to go!

Listening to that on the radio today was depressing!!! 10 men,We score 3 times...yes 3 times!!! and still get beat!!!

The relegation mid 70s was a sore one and so have been the following ones but this one has been an absolute shambles and embarrassment coupled with all this "Stadium" guff

Im afraid major changes are needed at Manager and Board Level or quite a few of us are gonna walk!(and I cant believe im saying that!)

10 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

It’s a Steven Thomson on Sportcene was right when he said “how is it even possible to lose 9 games on the trot”.

McIntyre told his employers he could turn us round, any way you look at it, he failed massively, he could not even secure one point in the last 9 games.

Accies, St Mirren, Motherwell and St Johnstone have all managed to survive on lower budgets and lower attendances than ours, it all points to a lack of control and experience by Mr Nelms.

Absolutely. A joker like Nelms. 0 points in 9 games. FPS top 6 budgets for 5 years. Only 1 top 6 achieved. Constant decline. Keyes is ultimately to blame for appointing Nelms.

Edited by eyeothedug

1 minute ago, WoodStein said:

It's not that they've all failed (we all do, somewhere), it's the way he's failed....and failed even more than the failure he replaced... > :bye: (🤞)

I agree with you regarding his current tenure but I was talking about his supposed failure at County, which was an 'eventual failure' after he had done some good stuff.  The current situation cannot be defended now.  His suggestion that JC is somehow going to be some sort of key player, match winner or similar has me questioning him before a game even starts.

1 minute ago, WestFerryDee said:

We cannot afford the Americans to withdraw from DFC. If they do then it is administration for sure. What we need is a complete restructuring of the coaching with a focus on good, young players supported by good experienced pros 

Can we afford for the Americans to stay on? I thought Hartley put the youth focus in place? It's a no brainer.

30 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Goodness knows what salary the Dundee first team players are currently receiving as according to the St Johnstone Football Club Limited annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2018 some players in their first team squad were receiving a six figure sum for their basic salary. 

Edited by islaydarkblue
Typo

1 hour ago, nemsadzDEE said:

It certainly wasn't the consensus on here if i recall correctly. He was sacked from his last job and the Ross County fans and chairman were far from complimentary about him at the time he was appointed. The job should have been advertised and the best applicants interviewed and then a decision made on who was most suitable to get the job. 

Do you want him to lead us in to next season?

The question is where were the adverts placed. Did JN contact preferred agents or was the manager’s job advertised across the football network. 

Adblock Detected