Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Season Ticket Sales

4 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

I’m not knocking anyone, I was asked the question re genuine fan, I answered it, nothing to do with refunds and feeding kids, I don’t feel insecure, I was only answering folks questions, I can’t help it if others twist my post or misquote me

Here's a quote from you.

"I’d be surprised if any genuine fan would take a refund from our cash strapped club, even with insurance we need the help of our supporters right now"

You maybe didn't mean it to sound this way but its very easy to infer that anyone who would want a refund isn't a genuine fan. It comes across as quite dismissive. There might well be 'genuine fans' who've bought a ST for years but because of this pretty unique situation need all the money they can get, they might want to let the club have it but aren't in a position to. To somehow remove them from the 'genuine fan' category is a bit harsh.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, valleyboy said:

I see what your saying and understand why people wouldn’t buy a season ticket just now, I haven’t bought mine yet, I’ve had one every year since my first one at 18, we may have a shorter season next term so I’ll wait until it’s announced, but I won’t be looking for a refund on last seasons as that’s paid for and if football had continued we wouldn’t be entitled to a refund

I appreciate that mate but I can't pretend that if the worst came to worst in my case (and I'm by no way suggesting to be on the breadline here although plenty are, including some Dee's) I wouldn't't go for a refund if it meant that bills were covered and I wasn't building up an overdraft.

I'm not trying to paint some picture of me being out on the streets here, I live quite comfortably but it really isn't a stretch to see how - in current circumstances - it could all come tumbling down very quickly. 

A lot of guys we sell to at work run small business and one or two didn't have the cash sitting - without new money coming in - to cover their small teams wages prior to furlough. These businesses had to find the money first and then wait over a month to claim it back from the government, and for some that simply wasn't possible, so guys have gone without wages. 

We all do what it takes to get by and if that happened to be asking for cash back from DFC that I had spent but seen no return on, then so be it. I'd hope that it would never happen but it just might and it might just make the difference.

If football had continued, that would likely have been because these conditions regarding COVID likely wouldn't have happened, so everyone would still be working, so they wouldn't need the refund and would instead be enjoying the football they'd paid for.

I honestly think we sometimes need to look beyond our own circumstances to understand what others might need to do to care for their families and meet their other responsibilities.

5 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Here's a quote from you.

"I’d be surprised if any genuine fan would take a refund from our cash strapped club, even with insurance we need the help of our supporters right now"

You maybe didn't mean it to sound this way but its very easy to infer that anyone who would want a refund isn't a genuine fan. It comes across as quite dismissive. There might well be 'genuine fans' who've bought a ST for years but because of this pretty unique situation need all the money they can get, they might want to let the club have it but aren't in a position to. To somehow remove them from the 'genuine fan' category is a bit harsh.

I take your point, i probably should have left out “genuine”, and I suppose everyone’s situation is different, 

4 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I appreciate that mate but I can't pretend that if the worst came to worst in my case (and I'm by no way suggesting to be on the breadline here although plenty are, including some Dee's) I wouldn't't go for a refund if it meant that bills were covered and I wasn't building up an overdraft.

I'm not trying to paint some picture of me being out on the streets here, I live quite comfortably but it really isn't a stretch to see how - in current circumstances - it could all come tumbling down very quickly. 

A lot of guys we sell to at work run small business and one or two didn't have the cash sitting - without new money coming in - to cover their small teams wages prior to furlough. These businesses had to find the money first and then wait over a month to claim it back from the government, and for some that simply wasn't possible, so guys have gone without wages. 

We all do what it takes to get by and if that happened to be asking for cash back from DFC that I had spent but seen no return on, then so be it. I'd hope that it would never happen but it just might and it might just make the difference.

If football had continued, that would likely have been because these conditions regarding COVID likely wouldn't have happened, so everyone would still be working, so they wouldn't need the refund and would instead be enjoying the football they'd paid for.

I honestly think we sometimes need to look beyond our own circumstances to understand what others might need to do to care for their families and meet their other responsibilities.

Point taken

Adblock Detected