Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Tickets for the Celtic game at Dens

Are on sale but at full price £32 an adult with no deal for home fans surprisingly for the first time against the Old Firm at Dens this season.

The game against Rangers the other night was part of a two match deal with the Motherwell game, adult tickets for both games £50.

The game against Celtic Boxing Day was part of a three match deal with the Aberdeen and St Johnstone games, adult ticket for all three games £70.

The game against Rangers in November was part of a two match deal with the Livingston game. adult ticket for both games £50.

We've done these deals to avoid home fans having to pay £32 a ticket so why not this time?

I'll still get mines, but good luck getting a good home crowd in at those prices.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

We're off the back of reaching the top 6 , our best performance against either of the OF for a good few seasons and are fighting for a European place. All that combined has lifted the fans spirits but probably won't be enough to sway those who've little appetite for this fixture and in paying £32 for a ticket. We've potentially a large fine to pay too. Those that go rain, hail or shine will pay a subsidy because the hierarchy know that they will.

2 hours ago, HK Blues said:

Looking to make hay while the sun shines, I guess. 

We had already made the top 6 before Wednesday nights game and the support was on a massive high.

Anyone who hadn't already bought a ticket for the deal in the middle of March for the originally scheduled Rangers game along with the Motherwell game had to pay full price on Wednesday night at £32.

The Bobby Cox stand and Main Stand had their lowest turn outs in the league this season by a mile so unfortunately, not many are wanting to buy hay at £32 even with the sun shining brightly.

The two previous games against Rangers and Celtic at Dens had much better turn outs in the home ends as the deal was available right up until kick off as they were both the first game of the deal whereas on Wednesday, everyone had to pay £32 after the Motherwell game obviously with the Rangers game being postponed and look at the affect it had on the home crowd.

The away fans sell out at £32 regardless but the whole point of these previous deals is to avoid charging our support £32 as even the owners know that they sell hardly any tickets at that price.

It's a false economy and really surprising from the club as I said.

4 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

The Bobby Cox stand and Main Stand had their lowest turn outs in the league this season by a mile so unfortunately, not many are wanting to buy hay at £32 even with the sun shining brightly

I'm not sure what the make up of the home crowd was on Wednesday but there were a fair few spaces around us that are usually taken up by ST holders. There were 4 definite ST holders in the row in front missing and 3, who are regulars but I don't know their ST status, in the row behind. There were however 6 newbies, 4 of whom were definitely currant bun's. The Bobby Cox and Derry were all Dee's I'm assuming but the Main Stand had people going about who I'd never seen at Dens before, the types who need directions to the toilets, kiosks, exits etc. Stick out like a sore thumb.

4 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

We're off the back of reaching the top 6 , our best performance against either of the OF for a good few seasons and are fighting for a European place. All that combined has lifted the fans spirits but probably won't be enough to sway those who've little appetite for this fixture and in paying £32 for a ticket. We've potentially a large fine to pay too. Those that go rain, hail or shine will pay a subsidy because the hierarchy know that they will.

I wouldn’t spend £32 on a ticket either , the reason I but a s/t every year

2 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

It's a false economy and really surprising from the club as I said.

Thinking about my earlier post and those that go rain, hail or shine, most are probably ST holders so the £32 will likely hit the folk who go rain, hail, or shine but who can't afford one large payment for a ST the most. Possibly unfair but the club know they don't really have to offer 'deals' and will sell to whoever offers them their cash, regardless of other factors. 

16 minutes ago, mitch said:

I wouldn’t spend £32 on a ticket either , the reason I but a s/t every year

I think everyone who's a regular at Dens would if they could but there are likely a number of others factors to consider. Many can't afford it,  some work every other weekend, location etc, etc.

54 minutes ago, Border Dee said:

I am planning to go the St Mirren and Kilmarnock games but would only consider going to the Celtic game as part of a package - I am not paying £32 and I am sure many PATG simply cannot/will not pay that.

I'm a season ticket holder but if I wasn't I probably wouldn't fancy paying £32 to wade through rivers of p1sh to get there, dodge Bucky bottles then listen to their bile for 90 minutes regardless of how well we might play.

However I do intend going to this one.

Adblock Detected