Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dunfermline V Dundee

Cobra

Dunfermline v Dundee  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What are you expecting at East End Park?

2. 2. Who should be starting against the Pars?

3. 3. How do you think Dundee will do this season?

• Champions
    • Success in the play-offs
    • Failure in the play-offs
    • Failure to make the play-offs

11 minutes ago, Travellingdee said:

I'm sorry guys but you can go on about you set-ups/systems or whatever but in my opinion we lost that first half simply because Dunfermline were sharper and more determined than our pedestrian lot,

Jordon Forster isn't going to get any faster by being 'sharper'. We can only ask players to do what they are physically capable of doing and we had central defensive players matched up against wingers who had more natural pace; only really one outcome really.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Jordon Forster isn't going to get any faster by being 'sharper'. We can only ask players to do what they are physically capable of doing and we had central defensive players matched up against wingers who had more natural pace; only really one outcome really.

Harry it's not just pace it's determination and work rate as well. I don't like one off incidents being mentioned too much , but maybe this will show you what I mean, Cammy (mostly) and Forster are getting the blame for the first goal (not totally unjustly) but when the scorer gets the ball he's totally on his own, where are our other two defenders and our defensive midfield. Total apathy in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Travellingdee said:

Harry it's not just pace it's determination and work rate as well. I don't like one off incidents being mentioned too much , but maybe this will show you what I mean, Cammy (mostly) and Forster are getting the blame for the first goal (not totally unjustly) but when the scorer gets the ball he's totally on his own, where are our other two defenders and our defensive midfield. Total apathy in my opinion.

That's the point I'm making though. Yeah, we need to be determined to win etc, but the idea that a bad pass then leaves pace players charging forward against slow players is crazy and it's only the system we were set up with that allowed it to happen. We make mistakes playing in any system etc but you can't play players against their whole style of play and then moan at them for not doing things that they are physically incapable of doing (i.e Forster dealing with someone much faster than him - he had zero chance and then the defence well up the park and having to chase back faster players).

I think that game was a massive learning curve for McPake so glad we managed to escape with a point.

I find it hard to criticise McPake too much for the way he set up. I was of the opinion we should go with the same lineup as Inverness game. Think most on here said the same. In hindsight, we  should have changed it up as Dunfermline had clearly worked on how to play against us.

The 3 at the back does have role to play this season in certain games IMO, particularly against teams who want to sit in. Away from home where teams want to press us and have fast attackers, we need to have a rethink.

1 hour ago, Edin_Dee said:

I think that game was a massive learning curve for McPake so glad we managed to escape with a point.

I find it hard to criticise McPake too much for the way he set up. I was of the opinion we should go with the same lineup as Inverness game. Think most on here said the same. In hindsight, we  should have changed it up as Dunfermline had clearly worked on how to play against us.

The 3 at the back does have role to play this season in certain games IMO, particularly against teams who want to sit in. Away from home where teams want to press us and have fast attackers, we need to have a rethink.

Edin, not about criticism of McP  but I thought 3 at the back from the off was wrong against a high scoring Dunfermline side, I said this before the game, imo it put us on the backfoot and fell into Dunfermline's hands, we did escape with a point, along with a lot of learnings and positives of our ability to claw back a defecit and the players finished the game on a positive. You are spot on with 3 at the back for certain games as the alleged  teams will look to sit in and hit us on the break.

I would hope that we are set up as a 4:4:2 or 4:3:2:1 at the kick off against Ayr this week end until we settle and then switch shape and be on the ascendancy and not a fightback, most of us still have nightmares of the doing Ayr gave us last year.

As well as the understandably slower central defenders, there was oceans of space at Dunfermline first half, caused by the position of the left and right back/wing back/whatever. Perfect storm really. Dunfermline came at us like we went at Killie last season. But our setup exacerbated things terribly.

Adblock Detected