Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Random Thoughts...

I'd like to think most people would agree with this...

The law has to be flexible enough to cover examples which are clearly negligent as well as those where the employer may just have been stupid.

Or those working for the employer (as in the case being discussed) were REALLY stupid.

True, this can lead to an abuse of the system and spurious claims being made... but that's the price we unfortunately have to pay for living in a world where we can go to work in relative safety.

(Does anyone else remember the 'public information film'  "Sir Isaac Newton told us why an apple falls down from the sky...." ?? :)  )

Joe or Deeranged. Being of the knowledgeable kind in legal matters. Have eh got any grounds for suing Margaret, meh wife, for me falling aff meh shed twa days ago ?

She never directly asked me to fix the shed roof, but recently she has made a severe cut in meh pocket money (which really personally offended me)

So I was trying to win favour. And when eh wis up on the shed roof, she never thought aboot hinging on tae the ledder fir me.

She did drive me to hospital at the time. And back again yesterday. Have I got grounds to pursue this case ? :)

There may also be an issue of abandonment. She is going to Aberdeen for two days....leaving me :(

Tomorrow I have to make a visit (drive) to Doctor for wound check ..... this cannae be fair :mad:

If you are no sure how to legally advise ..... I await response from janny 62 :D

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Keep looking on here for news of Handling/signings. Not bothered about McGinn's case. Shame for the guy, sure it's a move to reduce compo.

Can this be shifted to another thread?

I understand your pain... :)

I think the reason the thread has wanderd is because there *is* no news!

Joe or Deeranged. Being of the knowledgeable kind in legal matters. Have eh got any grounds for suing Margaret, meh wife, for me falling aff meh shed twa days ago ?

She never directly asked me to fix the shed roof, but recently she has made a severe cut in meh pocket money (which really personally offended me)

So I was trying to win favour. And when eh wis up on the shed roof, she never thought aboot hinging on tae the ledder fir me.

She did drive me to hospital at the time. And back again yesterday. Have I got grounds to pursue this case ? :)

There may also be an issue of abandonment. She is going to Aberdeen for two days....leaving me :(

Tomorrow I have to make a visit (drive) to Doctor for wound check ..... this cannae be fair :mad:

If you are no sure how to legally advise ..... I await response from janny 62 :D

GeDee...

As a laywer, I would advise you not to pursue this case.

The repercussions of you *winning* it FAR outweight the benefits.

:lol2:

GeDee...

As a laywer, I would advise you not to pursue this case.

The repercussions of you *winning* it FAR outweight the benefits.

Never thought too much aboot that aspect Joe. No further consideration will be given to pursuing this case.

But eh wull mak sure she kens eh'm no' happy, when eh painfully, hobble ower, for meh weekly allowance.

And continue tae practice meh special scowl and dirty look..... when she drives me again up that shed roof.

Hi Gedee,having given you the benefit of my medical expertise which I admit my knowledge of medical matters were gained from the movie 40 guns for Apache pass and carry on doctor , I now find that having watched Rumple of the Bailey on numerous occasions this qualifies me to advise on legal matters now. Having studied this case what I see as a serious matter I can confirm that you do indeed have a case. While not actually telling you to get the roof done,this is one of enticement for fear of consequences. So in a roundabout way she becomes your employer...were you given the wrong ladder ? ( thanks to morning TV adverts for that one).Did mrs Gedee carry out a risk assessment ? One man doing a two man job...it gets worse for her.The fact that she drove you to the hospital tells me that is damage limitation(you might like to check if she has increased your life insurance lately).On the abandonment matter if you get left in a locked hoose with the windows shut and nae bowl of water to keep you hydrated...you definately have a case...two days left in these conditions !!!you woudn't leave a dug in conditions like that. Bad,bad ,bad!!!. As far as getting the wound checked out...I told you...hot Bowie knife on said wound and nae checkup needed!! Ye never listened tae me...nae case there. So to summarise...get the papers served asap. and tell her to get saving this could be costly. As I also do a wee bit o marriage counselling,could I suggest that you give her a loan to pay the impending fine(she'll love you even more for being so considerate) and let her pay it back on a weekly basis...at the same time upping yer pocket money to an acceptable sum for you.And finally so as to let your good lady know who's boss,tell her firmly that you will do the hoovering before doing the dishes...and no answering back!!!....regards janny62 QC.

Hi Gedee,having given you the benefit of my medical expertise which I admit my knowledge of medical matters were gained from the movie 40 guns for Apache pass and carry on doctor , I now find that having watched Rumple of the Bailey on numerous occasions this qualifies me to advise on legal matters now. Having studied this case what I see as a serious matter I can confirm that you do indeed have a case. While not actually telling you to get the roof done,this is one of enticement for fear of consequences. So in a roundabout way she becomes your employer...were you given the wrong ladder ? ( thanks to morning TV adverts for that one).Did mrs Gedee carry out a risk assessment ? One man doing a two man job...it gets worse for her.The fact that she drove you to the hospital tells me that is damage limitation(you might like to check if she has increased your life insurance lately).On the abandonment matter if you get left in a locked hoose with the windows shut and nae bowl of water to keep you hydrated...you definately have a case...two days left in these conditions !!!you woudn't leave a dug in conditions like that. Bad,bad ,bad!!!. As far as getting the wound checked out...I told you...hot Bowie knife on said wound and nae checkup needed!! Ye never listened tae me...nae case there. So to summarise...get the papers served asap. and tell her to get saving this could be costly. As I also do a wee bit o marriage counselling,could I suggest that you give her a loan to pay the impending fine(she'll love you even more for being so considerate) and let her pay it back on a weekly basis...at the same time upping yer pocket money to an acceptable sum for you.And finally so as to let your good lady know who's boss,tell her firmly that you will do the hoovering before doing the dishes...and no answering back!!!....regards janny62 QC.

There's some good advice right there.

Janny 62 ....... Eh knew fine well your posts were well up on the mark on the humorous front ...... But in this case you have excelled yourself :lol2:

Knowing that both Joe and Deeranged were well up on the legalities of my case, I felt a certain compulsion, even obligation  (albeit reluctantly)  to accept their advice.

Although in fairness to them, I would doubt they had the added advantage of watching, with the same intensity, such movies as Apache Pass, Carry on Doctor, Rumples of the Old Bailey. You have also managed to incorporate the human and emotional side. The physical pain, the damage to pride. And let's not forget the feeling of self worth.

Your comment ....."enticement for fear of consequences" is particularly impressive. More so when you have noted the link, whereby technically Margaret, accepting she may be my wife, may also be seen technically "my employer"

And in this case .....YES she did gie me the wrang ladder (didnae even bather tae hud it) 

Risk Assessment, was mair on the lines of .... "Ye ken whit happened the last time ye disobeyed me"

The part of her driving, related to her concern to potential internal/external damage to said vehicle.   (I was dizzy, taking blackouts and bleeding profusely)

Regarding life insurances (also bank statements) Margaret suggested (a long time ago) it would be better if she exclusively dealt with them. Strange eh?

Margaret's still left me abandoned. I do have outside access. Mainly to exercise our dogs. Today (with great courage) I drove the car to my doctors surgery.

Your further advice Janny, is  very welcoming. But at this time (now realising I am a real fairdy)  I will refrain. In case some other "accident" befalls me :(

Jist tae add Janny        Anither Cracker o' a Post fae your Good Self.    Cheered me up nae end.       Like your style. Like your humour.  Keep Posting    :D

In the olden days, jannies would have thrown a bucket o sawdust over you and all would be ok but now it is expected that medical/legal advice and marriage counselling are freely given.....just the changing face of the janny world I expect... Ps have you taken out P.P.I at any time cause I can deal wi that as well if you want ?

Adblock Detected