Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Words and Phrases I Cannae Stand Hearing !

Gedee

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I don't think so Joe

Good luck avoiding all news coverage of the EU Referendum then...

And the unavoidable way the media tries to relate it to another independence referendum...

...by those pesky nationalists...

(Thats the bad, nasty scottish nationalists.. not the sane and whiter-than-white UK ones...)

Good luck avoiding all news coverage of the EU Referendum then...

And the unavoidable way the media tries to relate it to another independence referendum...

...by those pesky nationalists...

(Thats the bad, nasty scottish nationalists.. not the sane and whiter-than-white UK ones...)

I think I will manage Joe but thanks for wishing me luck :)

I think I will manage Joe but thanks for wishing me luck :)

Well... I think you'll need it...

Otherwise think of all the debates you'll be missing out on!

Wouldn't want you diving into them all uninformed!

(Newspapers hardly count these days - and even then.. reading them you still hear the words... innn yourrr heeeaaaddd!!!!) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Could happen/might happen.................in news reports, just tell us the news please not the conjecture.

I think this is due to said reporter making crap up after the fact that the watched the Rangers game, instead of the one they were supposed to be reporting on. Hi Chick!!! :bye:

"Nothing worse than"

When someone comes out with the "nothing worse than a paper cut" or whatever, my usual reply is "what, not even being bummed to death by the Harlem Globe Trotters" ? A little un-PC playing to stereotypes not to mention random but I'm with you on the over use of "nothing worse than".

No quite the same thing ...... But I do (sometimes) get annoyed when I here  (or dinnae hear to be honest)  fowk fairt tae use the word "problem"

EG (1)  ......  No, don't see it as a "problem" .... Why not see it as  an "opportunity"  ?   :) 

(Thinks me) ...Naw, eh'll jist see it as a problem, thanks :(

EG (2) ......   "Problem" behaviour. .... Disnae exist now.    It is "challenging" behaviour.  

(Thinks me)....Whit if I am no up tae dealing  with the challenge ?  Then .....it is still a real problem tae me !!

EG (3) .... No quite the same but ...When the child does something evil, violent or catastrophic !! The more child friendly, proper and modern response

for parent is ........"Of course Mummy and Daddy still love you. No you are not bad. It is only "your behaviour" that's bad"   

(Thinks me) .."Oh by the way bairn, your mither, or me, cannae stand you. You are a pain" Then gie them a guid skelpin' anyway, tae be on the safe side :)

Adblock Detected