Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Refunds for Tickets

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
22 minutes ago, Valentke said:

I could see Saints following being half the number sold for today on a midweek night - I do worry what impact it may have on TD's January transfer budget.

I definitely wouldn’t worry about the crowd they would or wouldn’t have brought to dens…bigger teams than that lot have brought less than what they claim to be bringing through and we’re still here

48 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

No, Sale of Goods Act 1974, maybe updated since, but you did not get what you paid for. Therefore a refund, and now not in future. As long as you return the ticket. Club taking the piss.

Does the sale of goods act cover event tickets? You're not buying the ticket per se but access to an event - so not goods but entry. I'm not so sure because tickets are usually sold under a specific set of conditions that are printed on the actual ticket and which normally include 'non transferrable', 'non refundable' and a list of other conditions including 'in the case of cancellation' of the event - not postponement of the event. If an event is postponed strictly speaking you still have access to the event which is what you paid for is it not?

Obviously a responsible event organiser will refund in the event of postponement where the purchaser can't attend the rearranged date. That's why ticket agencies such as TicketMaster have resale sites where if you buy a ticket then find you can't go you can transfer your ticket at face value via the agency to someone who couldn't get a ticket but wants to go.

From reading above posts it seems the club only refunds on return of the unused ticket after the event - is that against the conditions of sale printed on the ticket? I'd expect it isn't.

16 minutes ago, QuesoGrande said:

I’ve been refunded in the shop when a game was cancelled and I couldn’t make the rearranged date. Maybe depends who you get in the shop?

To be honest if you return the ticket there's no reason why you shouldn't get a refund.

For me you shouldn't need to have to wait on the announcement of the rescheduling of this match, if the club couldn't keep to terms of the original agreement, for whatever reason, then I'd expect to be refunded the full amount if that was my wish. The rescheduled date is irrelevant if I want my money back. 

On 04/01/2024 at 01:22, Reverend Lovejoy said:

For me you shouldn't need to have to wait on the announcement of the rescheduling of this match, if the club couldn't keep to terms of the original agreement, for whatever reason, then I'd expect to be refunded the full amount if that was my wish. The rescheduled date is irrelevant if I want my money back. 

I think it's more to do with logistics than trying to avoid refunding monies.  Obviously, the thinking is the majority of fans will go to the rearranged game so pointless to issue refunds and then have folk buying a ticket again.  

Have we any history for not giving refunds for postponed games?

On 03/01/2024 at 11:15, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

The refund issue was challenged years ago for events, its a product just like a shirt, tin of beans, etc.

Ticketmaster ( bless them lol!) refund if you cannot make a postponed event.

The club have to obey the law.

But there lies the problem. You cannot say you cannot attend the rearranged event at the moment as there is no date for it yet.  

Adblock Detected