Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

As A Step Towards Avoiding Relelegation: What Would Be Yours? (3 Choices)

Gedee

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
13 minutes ago, Deedale said:

I would go with option 3.

Replacing NM might not be possible financially. I would think he will be on £150,000 + per year and I’m not even sure if we have paid off Hartley in full yet.  

Does anybody know the length of NM contract?

Fair point but NOT replacing him might cost more.

For me, it's not about the money but what is best for us.  Then again, it's not my money so easy for me to say.

16 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

Fair point but NOT replacing him might cost more.

For me, it's not about the money but what is best for us.  Then again, it's not my money so easy for me to say.

Sometimes (most times) inertia can be a very expensive business. Short time saving & long time cost

(Looks like you're a wee bit short o money as weel HK  Whit say you tae a £2 each for the cause?):chaplin:

57 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Number 3 is not an option unfortunately. Not having a go at those who suggest it, but how does anyone honestly expect that to work in any line of business? You have employed a manager to do a job, he's spent the last 12 months implementing a philosophy, bringing in his own players only to be told that he's no longer trusted to do the job, but he can stay and work for the guy that's replacing him? That's a massive kick in the baws, and no way it could work in reality. If a new manager is to come in, McCann would have to go.

Ross as much as I respect you, you're forgetting, one important thing.

It is awe aboot...Tact, Sensitivity, Guile, Professionalism & Diplomacy.

So whit aboot if JN says to NM... "Oh yir there Neil. This is Craig Broon"

"He's here tae tell ye whit tae dae ... And if ye dinnae like it, Feck Off":chaplin:

51 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Sometimes (most times) inertia can be a very expensive business. Short time saving & long time cost

(Looks like you're a wee bit short o money as weel HK  Whit say you tae a £2 each for the cause?):chaplin:

Do you take Credit Card, Gedee?

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Number 3 is not an option unfortunately. Not having a go at those who suggest it, but how does anyone honestly expect that to work in any line of business? You have employed a manager to do a job, he's spent the last 12 months implementing a philosophy, bringing in his own players only to be told that he's no longer trusted to do the job, but he can stay and work for the guy that's replacing him? That's a massive kick in the baws, and no way it could work in reality. If a new manager is to come in, McCann would have to go.

I think this is it. Everytime I remember any team doing something like this, the manager tends to lose their job relatively quickly. Motherwell appointed Robinson last season to work with McGhee and the writing was on the wall from that moment.

Sky had a documentary a few years ago where they brought Ron Atkinson into Peterborough and it escalated into the manager storming out. I'm pretty sure their form actually got far worse when Atkinson arrived and the guy was driven paranoid (probably justifiably so and I think he got a fairly harsh edit) as the move indicated to the fans he'd lost control. It seems a pretty shitty thing to do tbh. All you can really do I think is stress the importance of an experienced number 2 when a manager comes in but if they've got their guy who they want, you've got to give them the freedom to do that.

59 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I think this is it. Everytime I remember any team doing something like this, the manager tends to lose their job relatively quickly. Motherwell appointed Robinson last season to work with McGhee and the writing was on the wall from that moment.

Sky had a documentary a few years ago where they brought Ron Atkinson into Peterborough and it escalated into the manager storming out. I'm pretty sure their form actually got far worse when Atkinson arrived and the guy was driven paranoid (probably justifiably so and I think he got a fairly harsh edit) as the move indicated to the fans he'd lost control. It seems a pretty shitty thing to do tbh. All you can really do I think is stress the importance of an experienced number 2 when a manager comes in but if they've got their guy who they want, you've got to give them the freedom to do that.

I suppose the Neilson/Avril Cathro/Avril set up is also a similar circumstance. 

I think appointing a public mentor would undermine McCann’s credibility; however, a private mentor in the capacity of being just a phone call away for advice or ideas could be helpful (if it’s not already being done).

Just now, DFC1974 said:

I suppose the Neilson/Avril Cathro/Avril set up is also a similar circumstance. 

I think appointing a public mentor would undermine McCann’s credibility; however, a private mentor in the capacity of being just a phone call away for advice or ideas could be helpful (if it’s not already being done).

tbh, I'd be surprised if it wasn't the case in some way. I think Hartley had a good friend in Strachan who he spoke to quite frequently here.

McCann is known as being quite strong with his interpersonal skills and has a huge contact book so I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't have someone he would go to.

2 hours ago, HK Blues said:

Do you take Credit Card, Gedee?

Sorry my freend I've been advised to do nothing without consulting My Financial Adviser.

(He is a Nigerian Prince) Right from his initial contact we've built up a bond of friendship.

All my Credit Cards, Bank Statements Acc, Nos. Passwords are with him for safe-keeping.

You cannae pit a price on that kind o' friendship. Weel eh cannae. Eh've nae money left :(

Bringing in someone to work with McCann isn't an option unless it is McCann making the suggestion. Not going to happen.

I thought the time to sack McCann was after Saints game. It didn't happen so I think he should at least get to the Hearts game now. That's a game we should at least get a point from.

If we decide to go with a new manager we need to be very careful who we get. My worry is we appoint someone like John Hughes who comes in and slates the players (like he did at Raith) who then decide to down tools. I don't think McCann has lost the dressing room yet so that's about the only argument to keep him at this stage.

I find it curious that Partick spend roughly the same on wages as us, they're in worse form than us and below us in the table and yet there doesn't seem to be any suggestion among Jags fans that Archibald needs to be sacked. Different expectations I suppose.

Adblock Detected