Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

As A Step Towards Avoiding Relelegation: What Would Be Yours? (3 Choices)

Gedee

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

What would the players think if a mentor was brought in to assist McCann at the tail end of the season? I imagine they'd lose a bit of respect for him when we really need them to be fully on-board with his management.

I'm sure McCann has the option to call up former bosses like Craig Brown for advice.

Having donned my tin hat, after much consideration I go for option 1, mainly because I really really want NM to succeed  We say he lacks experience, but what better way to gain experience than by continuing in the job. I'd go so far as to say let him continue even if we end up in the Championship at the end of this season, but make it clear that he would then have until the end of this year to prove that he can turn things around irrespective of which league we find ourselves in next season. If things have not gone the way we would want them to go, that would leave plenty of time to bring in a new incumbent to lead us through the second half of season 2018-2019.

2. Really wanted him to succeed,but think its clear to see he is not a football manager.As much as I like playing football from the back,you should make sure you have the basics right first.Playing nice passing football shouldn't take precedent over actually winning football matches.Yes in an ideal world we would love to have both,but every club wants that.Honesty I think apart from kamara ,this squad is actually worse than the squad Hartley left and given the money he has had to spend,this is worrying.

32 minutes ago, Cobra said:

What would the players think if a mentor was brought in to assist McCann at the tail end of the season? I imagine they'd lose a bit of respect for him when we really need them to be fully on-board with his management.

I'm sure McCann has the option to call up former bosses like Craig Brown for advice.

I am no sure I agree with that particular statement Cobra ... Although, it is quite possible, some fans would immediately jump on the wagon pointing out, NM himself is as much as admitting he is NOT up to the job.

And indeed if NM did accept this offer were it ever made, personally the man would go well up in my estimation.

It would take a strong person of character, intelligence, & guts to be able to admit, & to see the benefits ... And & to accept an offer of an arrangement of this kind. I think though (once he recovered from the initial shock) he has the nous to see the benefit & opportunity this could provide ...for him, for the club, and even for the mentor.

Were it for instance Craig Brown (example) surely that is NOT disrespecting either party. Not only has he had a successful career at Club Football, he has managed Top Football Clubs & has been a Successful Scottish Manager ... Oh aye, Teacher & Headmaster.

He comes over as modest. But also wi' a sense of fun & a wee bit humour :rolleyes: 

Weel noo I have managed to soart awe that oot fine ... (In meh heid mind) :wacko:

How dae we sell idea to NM? & When do we contact Oor Freend Broony?:chaplin:

51 minutes ago, Alf Resco said:

Having donned my tin hat, after much consideration I go for option 1, mainly because I really really want NM to succeed  We say he lacks experience, but what better way to gain experience than by continuing in the job. I'd go so far as to say let him continue even if we end up in the Championship at the end of this season, but make it clear that he would then have until the end of this year to prove that he can turn things around irrespective of which league we find ourselves in next season. If things have not gone the way we would want them to go, that would leave plenty of time to bring in a new incumbent to lead us through the second half of season 2018-2019.

Nae need tae "doff yir tin hat" Alf .... They'll be nae daft fechtin' on this threed :happyno:

Like you I want him to succeed. But my concern is, DFC may suffer in the process.

As said above, eh'm fairt o the drop. Were it to happen, I'd expect him to move on.

11 hours ago, Cobra said:

I'm sorry Cobra that's a lot of tosh. The players get paid good money to play football and they should be out there giving it there all irrespective of what goes on in the dressing room.

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

In principle, that would be fine. Don't think Craig Brown can be an option though, he's a director of Aberdeen.

7 minutes ago, travellingdee said:

I'm sorry Cobra that's a lot of tosh. The players get paid good money to play football and they should be out there giving it there all irrespective of what goes on in the dressing room.

So the players should give 100% regardless of what's going on at a club. Sounds great but players are human. Their performance is influenced by a number of factors but just like in any other job. 

For example, you could tell in the damaging defeat to Ross County that the dressing room was unsettled by deadline day. I wouldn't condemn the players for that. It's unfortunate that off-the-field decisions taken by the club caused us problems on the park.

I think I've voiced my opinion enough to have bored everyone into knowing what my vote would go to.

Survive or not, I'm not really sure I can cope with another season of this 'pretty football' (there hasn't been any pretty football by us at Dens beyond five or six good moves all season IMHO). I haven't been as down about going to watch Dundee, well, ever I don't think.

At least under Kernaghan there were youths coming through that suggested we might be OK in the long run. Maybe that's the case again now, and I'm trying to hold on to that.

Adblock Detected