Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Rate the Ref: Alan Muir (Home, Rangers, 09 Dec 2018)

TheDarkBlues

Rate the Ref: Alan Muir (Home, Rangers, 09 Dec 2018)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How did you rate Alan Muir?

3 hours ago, Troodee1893 said:

Agree it is a consistency thing with the poor refereeing decisions.  I saw the incidents possibly through dark blue eyes but as follows.

1) Sending off pretty harsh but possibly correct according to the law. Don't think we will appeal cos it's likely to be a waste of time.

2) Lafferty's chalked off goal. We probably got away with one there.

3) The Lafferty/ Kusunga incident was a total nonsense. The only outcome should have been Red for Lafferty or at least Yellow with Kusunga not carded.

4) Tavernier definitely deserved a booking.

5) Jack should have had a 2nd Yellow & sent off.

A poor day for the Ref and his sidekicks!

Also thought it was jolly decent  of the Derry linesman to do a rapid 10 yard pass so The Rangers could take a quick throw in the last few minutes. Laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
5 minutes ago, Valentke said:

It was rash but it wasn’t as if he had time to size it up and lunge in. Candeias touch was excellent - he will learn as to date he hasn’t shown to be a guy that goes to ground easily. 

If it had been a yard further forward, it would have been a penalty. Would Ralph have been shown just a yellow?

8 minutes ago, Valentke said:

It was rash but it wasn’t as if he had time to size it up and lunge in. Candeias touch was excellent - he will learn as to date he hasn’t shown to be a guy that goes to ground easily. 

I haven't noticed it being a problem before with Ralph. It's more been Calvin and Spence who've been lunging in and giving fouls away in that area. I just thought it was a high and fast challenge caught the guy above the ankle and probably deserved a red card. Given that referees are under instruction to punish these kinds of sliding tackles severely I wonder if there's a better way for us to defend these situations.

5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

On the subject of the red card, what really is the point in players ever lunging in like that nowadays?

Ralph has left his team with 10 men for 70 minutes today, he's left us without a left-back for our next two games and he's come within a whisker of giving Rangers a penalty.

Would it not make more sense to stay on your feet and stay on the park?

The challenge looked a rash challenge but obviously it was an attempt to get the ball rather than the player and I don't think really merited a red. Benifit of the doubt, maybe a lot to size up in the heat of the moment. Particularly as JM has been talking about wanting his players to put their bodies on the line and not shy away from tackles. If he didn't put in a challenge and Sevco scored we'd probably be questioning why he stood there ball watching! 

16 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Found it - lifted from the rules 

A player is in an 'offside position' if they are in the opposing team's half of the field and also "nearer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent

Just re-read it and I missed the bit about the ball 🤦‍♂️ so you're right and now I'd have to say he was still offside because the linesman put his flag up 😜

2 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

The challenge looked a rash challenge but obviously it was an attempt to get the ball rather than the player and I don't think really merited a red. Benifit of the doubt, maybe a lot to size up in the heat of the moment. Particularly as JM has been talking about wanting his players to put their bodies on the line and not shy away from tackles. If he didn't put in a challenge and Sevco scored we'd probably be questioning why he stood there ball watching! 

We want our defenders to make strong tackles but flying in fast and high means a red card even if you play the ball so there's no point in trying to defend in this way. Particularly in the opening 20 minutes we can't be making reckless challenges.

4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

We want our defenders to make strong tackles but flying in fast and high means a red card even if you play the ball so there's no point in trying to defend in this way. Particularly in the opening 20 minutes we can't be making reckless challenges.

100% this. I've watched it a couple of times and it looks a red card challenge to me. The fact that the referee has reported it as a 'last man' offence denying s clear goal scoring opportunity gives the club a chance to appeal but in all honesty when it's reviewed by the panel they're going to say it was red card offence regardless.

23 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

Also thought it was jolly decent  of the Derry linesman to do a rapid 10 yard pass so The Rangers could take a quick throw in the last few minutes. Laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. 

I think that is the first time I have ever seen a linesman / assistant referee kick a ball to any player, the ref probably told him to do it as he was getting pissed off with Hamilton at the goal kicks, which I though Hamilton was brilliant in doing it; it’s about time we had to do a bit of timewasting, 😎

3 minutes ago, Hamishlebaux19 said:

I think that is the first time I have ever seen a linesman / assistant referee kick a ball to any player, the ref probably told him to do it as he was getting pissed off with Hamilton at the goal kicks, which I though Hamilton was brilliant in doing it; it’s about time we had to do a bit of timewasting, 😎

Remember well going back to your house with Paul.

While Ralph had to make a last ditch challenge it’s all down to MacGowan losing ball 30 yards out-shades of Parkhrad last year where I think we lost 1-0.

We tightened up actually when we went down to ten but our weakness in midfield in not making tackles 30 yards or so out and then forcing the defenders into last ditch challenges has been with us for a few years.

Sitting in 2 banks of 4 after the sending off we were much tighter.

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

On the subject of the red card, what really is the point in players ever lunging in like that nowadays?

Ralph has left his team with 10 men for 70 minutes today, he's left us without a left-back for our next two games and he's come within a whisker of giving Rangers a penalty.

Would it not make more sense to stay on your feet and stay on the park?

It was a rash challenge with his wrong foot, but what the feck was McGowan doing which led to the ball being played into that area, he tried to take on a guy 30yards from his own goal then turned and faced his own goal and still tried to take someone on and lost the ball, if he clears his fecking lines they don't get the free kick, they don't score and we keep eleven players.

2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

100% this. I've watched it a couple of times and it looks a red card challenge to me. The fact that the referee has reported it as a 'last man' offence denying s clear goal scoring opportunity gives the club a chance to appeal but in all honesty when it's reviewed by the panel they're going to say it was red card offence regardless.

If the ref reported it as a last man offence then any appeal would surely have to be based on this criteria only. I suppose there is time though for the ref to alter his reasoning which he probably will so it's likely he'll be suspended for 2 games - pity!!

Adblock Detected