Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Latest Crisis To Hit Mv Hebridean Isles Car Ferry

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 minute ago, BCram said:

Hi Islay, see your ferry isn't going to be replaced any time soon. the old ones must be working fine!

Hi BCram,

Where did you read this information. The Islay Ferry Committee members are not going to be very happy if this is the case. The old ferries are clapped out. 

3 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi BCram,

Where did you read this information. The Islay Ferry Committee members are not going to be very happy if this is the case. The old ferries are clapped out. 

May have misheard a News item on BBC. you better check in case I have not picked up the report correctly. must admit I had been expecting some comment from you, so perhaps I didn't pay close enough attention. In fact if it hadn't been for the Calmac name, and my detailed knowledge of the inefficiencies and inadequacies of the government owned company, gleaned for the pages of TDB Off topic section of the forum, I would yhave probably not even heard the word Calmac.

1 minute ago, BCram said:

May have misheard a News item on BBC. you better check in case I have not picked up the report correctly. must admit I had been expecting some comment from you, so perhaps I didn't pay close enough attention. In fact if it hadn't been for the Calmac name, and my detailed knowledge of the inefficiencies and inadequacies of the government owned company, gleaned for the pages of TDB Off topic section of the forum, I would yhave probably not even heard the word Calmac.

Thanks.

I will carry out a bit of research. I am currently in Dundee and the Islay ferry is not one of my priorities at present.

11 minutes ago, BCram said:

Hi BCram.

This might be the news item that you heard on BBC. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48280474

I have known about this fiasco since the beginning of September 2017 when I received a tip off from a fellow patient in the RAH why the contract was running hopelessly late back then. 

Unfortunately due to the rules of this forum I will probably not be allowed to post this  information despite it being of ‘public concern’ as ultimately it could affect every person living in Scotland. 

2 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi BCram.

This might be the news item that you heard on BBC. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48280474

I have known about this fiasco since the beginning of September 2017 when I received a tip off from a fellow patient in the RAH why the contract was running hopelessly late back then. 

Unfortunately due to the rules of this forum I will probably not be allowed to post this  information despite it being of ‘public concern’ as ultimately it could affect every person living in Scotland. 

OK. Don't risk it. Just thought I'd check with you that there was a delay in the replacements, and it would appear that I did hear correctly. Best leave things alone.

8 minutes ago, BCram said:

OK. Don't risk it. Just thought I'd check with you that there was a delay in the replacements, and it would appear that I did hear correctly. Best leave things alone.

If someone mentions it on Facebook I will post my information. I am sure that people will be horrified what has happened resulting in the ferries being hopelessly late for delivery. 

Edited by islaydarkblue
Typo

Funny, in the commercial world this sort of relationship is understood quite differently. Hospitality is a way of building up friendships and shared good memories and usually leads to a better working relationship, at least that was my experience. It seems that civil servants or government employees are automatically assumed to be corrupt or there is something underhand going on. Seems unfair that hard working employees in the public services should be treated with suspicion.

33 minutes ago, BCram said:

Funny, in the commercial world this sort of relationship is understood quite differently. Hospitality is a way of building up friendships and shared good memories and usually leads to a better working relationship, at least that was my experience. It seems that civil servants or government employees are automatically assumed to be corrupt or there is something underhand going on. Seems unfair that hard working employees in the public services should be treated with suspicion.

Nicely played Sir. 

19 hours ago, Cobra said:

If it wasn't for this board I would never know there was a problem with the Hebridean Isles Car Ferry. Scary thought.

Aye, it is....imagine being an Islander trapped on the mainland, surrounded by invading sassenachs :o ...and no idea when the next ferry's going to turn up to whisk you off o'er the sea tae Skye/Lewis/Uist/Barra/Islay. Where's Flora MacDonald & her rowing boat when you need them, eh.  :lol:  

Sounds like an Outlander script.

Adblock Detected