Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

harry94

34 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

It's funny as it doesn't seem to be working out for him in Portugal. I think he should return home and establish himself again. 

I think his love affair with Portuguese weather and culture matters more to him than his football career.

He seemed happy to see out the five years of his Sporting contract when it was quite clear the club didn't want him and wouldn't play him.

I mind of one amusing thing that happened to him out there. Sporting were so pissed off about getting knocked out of the cup by Vitoria Setubal they ripped up Gauld's loan contract out of spite.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I think his love affair with Portuguese weather and culture matters more to him than his football career.

He seemed quite happy to see out the five years of his Sporting contract when it was quite clear the club didn't want him and wouldn't play him.

He could have been the next Gordon Strachan :)

1 hour ago, bjs said:

Hemings would be fantastic but unfortunately unlikely. I think we’re four players short, Davis hasn’t done the bulk of preseason so wouldn’t be ready to play and I think the player and us are working away behind the scenes to get him another club, so I think we will require another centre half (preferably one that could cover the left side or left back position as we are still light there). Think we need two strikers as we can’t go into season with only Curran and Nelson), wouldn’t be surprised if they were both loans, hopefully Strachan and Nicholl are using there considerable contracts to unlock a few doors there. Lastly I’d still like a creative midfielder or another left sided attacking midfielder, with Byrne, Ness and McGowan we’ve got the central midfield sorted and we have Mcdaid and Todd but I think we need another player to give us more options.

Big week ahead before Raith game, but I’d rather we take our time to get the right players in.

I think midfield is the one are where we have a lot of options. A back 4 gives us the option of Byrne, Ness, McGowan, Mcdaid, Anderson, Todd, Cameron, Robertson, Mulligan and Moore for midfield. Play a back 3 and you can push Cammy & Marshall up into midfield. That's 12 possible options which is quite considerable imo.

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think midfield is the one are where we have a lot of options. A back 4 gives us the option of Byrne, Ness, McGowan, Mcdaid, Anderson, Todd, Cameron, Robertson, Mulligan and Moore for midfield. Play a back 3 and you can push Cammy & Marshall up into midfield. That's 12 possible options which is quite considerable imo.

Agree that we need a creative mid and two strikers. Possibly a centre back too. 

3 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Shankland off his mark for the Dabs in a 3-2 defeat at Dumbarton.

Hmmmm....Wankland doesn't score last night but that's ok as the 6-0 scoreline to them was pretty much confirmation of winning the league......fact they've just lost to Dumbarton will be nothing to write home about because 'its just a friendly' and Wankland scored, meaning he's gonna score 40 🤣

For everything that's been made of them beating Brechin 6-0 just a week after we beat them 2-1, I remember back in the day, we drew 0-0 away to Lancaster, only for the powerhouse that is Tayport going down there the following week and destroying them 6-0. Friendlies are no indicator whatsoever of the season ahead. 

Adblock Detected