Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Covid

Frank Grimes

Sorry to bring it up but it's hard to ignore just now and wonder what the implications will be on the season. I don't expect the season to be stopped this time round but surely crowd restrictions are not far on the horizon.

Just in time for the Derby. I would rather we postponed it than play it infront of 2000 fans. The biggest earner of our season. We lost it last time because the season ended.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

It’s interesting to see how two different countries are treating this. 
Here in Spain the government is asking everyone to carry on sticking to the existing measures which include wide use of covid passports. They seem to be very balanced stating that Omi is more contagious but signs are it symptoms are milder. There’s a much more let’s stay calm, keep doing what we are doing type of approach which is keeping spirits reasonably high. Meanwhile there appears to be a constant, daily drip of fear with alarmist language to the fore in Scotland. I very much doubt I’ll get to see the derby when I’m fleetingly  back,  the noises they are making about post Christmas are doom filled.

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Sorry to bring it up but it's hard to ignore just now and wonder what the implications will be on the season. I don't expect the season to be stopped this time round but surely crowd restrictions are not far on the horizon.

Just in time for the Derby. I would rather we postponed it than play it infront of 2000 fans. The biggest earner of our season. We lost it last time because the season ended.

They will wait until after the old firm game before they cut crowds for games, although it’s looking like we will see a few cancellations of games in the run up to the winter break due to players being infected and close contacts isolating.: 

18 minutes ago, BigG said:

On the footballing side of Covid, its probably wise that we stay out the bottom spot encase they bring the season to an abrupt halt again. Easier said than done. 

If they do cut the season short, and I hope they don't, and we're at the bottom we'd deserve to be relegated.

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Don't know if we would get to postpone it for such a reason. Together with a lot of the dross we have served up this season we haven't had the best of luck injury wise. So it would be ironic if there were only three derbies and they got the crowds twice and we lost out on the possible only home one from a crowd point of view. This would compound the 'unfortunate' situation where the DABs drew the first home derby again meaning they will get 2 of the 3 in the event of the teams ending up in different halves of the league.

Adblock Detected