Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

GGH

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

We've brought in guys like Gary Irvine & Kevin McNaughton, who've no real past with JM, for coaching roles plus we've got boys like Darren O'Dea, James Mcpake and Garry Ogilvie coaching too.

I'm not too sure it'd really matter, if JM wanted Harkins here, whether they had a past or not.

I'll echo the other guys surprise, its news to me too, happy to hear it. O'Dea and McPake we know about, all I was suggesting was that football is like any other industry when it comes to getting folk in, its human nature to get someone in that you know, if JM wants the Gorgeous one then great but if he doesn't know him then he might have someone else in mind.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
7 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Cheers, genuinely never knew that. Terrific to see a guy of McNaughton's playing experience coaching at Dens.

There was a fantastic video on deetv last month behind the scenes with the under 18s. Showed footage of training and Mcpake a team talks before during and after the cup game against tynecastle fc. Mcnaughton and Irvine were there in the dressing room helping out. 

Interestingly Mcpake mentioned in an interview that he was been allowed to bring in his own people, which means it was him that got them to come to us.

Fully agree it’s good to see 

We are obviously doing something right at youth level with 2 players recently involved with the Scottish schools set up 

Does anyone know how he's been doing at QoS? If he's been playing semi-regularly and doing a job then it's worth a punt IF he's better than what we have now

I'm not a fan due to his baggage but let's not let that stand in the way of our push for safety.

6-month deal until summer then we see?

14 minutes ago, Charliedee said:

Ability wise yes get him back..

Work rate and hard graft...no 

Get the feeling a lot of games with harkins playing would be like having 10 men

I think Killie had a good thing going with him where they'd take him off after an hour but he obviously wasn't happy about that.

We were wasting our time playing him in certain games but those bottom 6 games where we were competitive in possession battles, he could be really magical.

Hartley wasted him for a period trying to make him into a deep lying playmaker. Looked good in pre season at low pace but when it come to actual games, it was a waste of time as he wasn't in the last third doing damage. Reminds me a bit of when Man Utd had this thing where they thought Rooney would be a good player from deep.

Adblock Detected