Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee V Queen of the South

Cobra

Dundee v Queen of the South  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What are you expecting when the Dee host Queens?

• A comprehensive win
    • A narrow win
    • A draw and a replay
    • A miserable defeat

11 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

Was amazed that Macintyre came out and said that. We've blew any chances of us getting a fee for him.

If Kamara and his agent have made it crystal clear to both Dundee and Rangers that the player has no interest in remaining at Dens beyond this transfer window it doesn't matter what McIntyre says publicly.

I think McIntyre and Miller are focused on getting Dundee out of trouble and they want Kamara out the door because he lacks commitment and the sideshow is doing nothing to help us stay in the league.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

If Kamara and his agent have made it crystal clear to both Dundee and Rangers that the player has no interest in remaining at Dens beyond this transfer window it doesn't matter what McIntyre says publicly.

I think McIntyre and Miller are focused on getting Dundee out of trouble and they want Kamara out the door because he lacks commitment and the sideshow is doing nothing to help us stay in the league.

If the club had come out and said that the player was going no where unless a suitable fee is agreed that would put us in a much stronger position to actually get one. As it is Rangers know we are happy to give him away for free so they are not going to offer money. The only question is do Rangers actually want him now. It appears they aren't fussed - which leaves us with a player who is being told by our manager he doesn't want him.

I don't regard it as a sideshow. Our January transfer dealings will be crucial to whether we stay up. Macintyre is no doubt spending most of his time trying to find a player that has both quality and is fit. He has that right in front of his nose with Kamara. A bit of time spent trying to build a relationship with him, instead of forcing him out the door, could go along way to helping us survive.

2 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

If the club had come out and said that the player was going no where unless a suitable fee is agreed that would put us in a much stronger position to actually get one. As it is Rangers know we are happy to give him away for free so they are not going to offer money. The only question is do Rangers actually want him now. It appears they aren't fussed - which leaves us with a player who is being told by our manager he doesn't want him.

I don't regard it as a sideshow. Our January transfer dealings will be crucial to whether we stay up. Macintyre is no doubt spending most of his time trying to find a player that has both quality and is fit. He has that right in front of his nose with Kamara. A bit of time spent trying to build a relationship with him, instead of forcing him out the door, could go along way to helping us survive.

Kamara's lack of desire was at times disgraceful towards the end of last year e.g. when he gave up trying to stop Christie before Celtic scored and when he stood and did nothing as Hearts hit the bar from the edge of our box. His lack of commitment to the cause was so blatant the manager felt compelled to drop him for both Woods and Spence (a player who McIntyre clearly didn't rate).

If we assume that Kamara is making it obvious behind the scenes he wants out and that his attitude isn't going to improve there is nothing to be gained from McIntyre playing hardball. That's not going to fool Rangers because they'll be hearing from Kamara and his agent that the player isn't prepared to fully commit to Dundee for the remainder of the season.

1 hour ago, Edin_Dee said:

We're all speculating but its entirely possible that The Rangers will have a good idea of how things are behind the scenes. They pretty much hold the whip hand and if they know that we're desperate to shift the player on to free up wages then there's no harm in JM sending out a "come and get him" message to them, he would maybe rather free up the wages sooner rather than later for the potential 10K or whatever so he can get the players in he wants. 

As others have said, its possible the player has made it clear he isn't bothered about playing for us and the manager being outraged at this is more than happy to get rid.... Who knows but I'm not going to just assume that the club/manager are making an a**e of it. I'm guessing they've played this game a lot more than we have.

Would it be possible to put on this forum a PCA, and a proper contract that Dundee players sign. There must be blank copies available or perhaps the club could redact one that they currently are using.

I'm puzzled how a player can be unable to play for the team that pays his wages and hold his contract because his head is not in the right place. It seems to me that if a player wants to sign a PCA then the least that should happen is the team that the player is moving to should be made to pay for the remainder of the players wages. As a team that is trying to improve our standing in the SPFL it seems that our dealings with players appear naive and we are often the loser.

Edited by BCram

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

Kamara's lack of desire was at times disgraceful towards the end of last year e.g. when he gave up trying to stop Christie before Celtic scored and when he stood and did nothing as Hearts hit the bar from the edge of our box. His lack of commitment to the cause was so blatant the manager felt compelled to drop him for both Woods and Spence (a player who McIntyre clearly didn't rate).

If we assume that Kamara is making it obvious behind the scenes he wants out and that his attitude isn't going to improve there is nothing to be gained from McIntyre playing hardball. That's not going to fool Rangers because they'll be hearing from Kamara and his agent that the player isn't prepared to fully commit to Dundee for the remainder of the season.

At times yes - he has a laidback style of play though even when he's at his best so I think its just more noticeable when he's not at it. He's far from the only player who has had a shocker this season.

I don't think there is a game Kamara has played this year you could say we would have won if he hadn't been playing. He was the key man in breaking the deadlock against Hamilton. He was instrumental in getting us a point at Easter Road. The games he's been dropped haven't had a positive impact in us getting any points.

This is the first time this situation has happened to us in a long time. If we let a player leave early for free because he's had a tantrum I don't think that bodes well for future similar situations.

2 hours ago, Chomp my root said:

We're all speculating but its entirely possible that The Rangers will have a good idea of how things are behind the scenes. They pretty much hold the whip hand and if they know that we're desperate to shift the player on to free up wages then there's no harm in JM sending out a "come and get him" message to them, he would maybe rather free up the wages sooner rather than later for the potential 10K or whatever so he can get the players in he wants. 

As others have said, its possible the player has made it clear he isn't bothered about playing for us and the manager being outraged at this is more than happy to get rid.... Who knows but I'm not going to just assume that the club/manager are making an a**e of it. I'm guessing they've played this game a lot more than we have.

Possibly but I have very rarely heard of a situation where a club has come out and said please take our most valuable player for free. The norm is to say he is staying put unless we get the right fee and that we expect the player to be professional for the club that pays his wages.

The last few transfer windows, in my mind, we have been a bit inexperienced in our dealings. I don't know exactly what has happened in the Kamara situation but it appears to me we have been naïve again.

Been saying for a while now but the best signing we could make is a Director of Football.

Adblock Detected