Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

St Johnstone V Dundee

Cobra

Starting XI  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start in Perth?

What did everyone else think about Callum Moore’s performance against Aberdeen?  Not one person has put him down as a starter yet. I thought he looked a bit lost against that level of opposition, great experience for the young lad tho.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I’ve went for a 5 4 1 formation, I don’t think we can compete with St Johnstone on ability so I would try and frustrate them, maybe sneak a goal from a set piece or a break away. If we play open and concede early then the heads might go down and the fans would turn to frustration. Depending on results elsewhere then maybe have a go last 20 mins or so. 

I think in terms of the St Johnstone game .... it is about not losing this game. The best outcome I can see is winner takes all at Dens against St Mirren. Keep it tight for the the first two away games ...if we somehow manage to nick something on the counter then that is a bonus. A target of 5 points from the opening 3 games post split might give us a sniff of a play-off. Living in the south of England I have not made it to Dens this season but if i were up there I would be sticking by the team. I appreciate this season has been a bag of sh**e all round... but if you can scrape together the cash then get to any of the last 5 games and give the lads whatever you have left. 

A win against St.Johnstone could change things in a big way depending how the other two get on. I still believe we have enough to get us out of this mess. We are hoping for a play-off place at least but praying for a Hamilton collapse as well. It must be our day for beating the Saints. They cannot go a season having a 100% record against us. A win against them could do a lot for the team's confidence.

12 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

A win against St.Johnstone could change things in a big way depending how the other two get on. I still believe we have enough to get us out of this mess. We are hoping for a play-off place at least but praying for a Hamilton collapse as well. It must be our day for beating the Saints. They cannot go a season having a 100% record against us. A win against them could do a lot for the team's confidence.

Agree with all of that

On 10/04/2019 at 18:03, BigG said:

I’ve went for a 5 4 1 formation, I don’t think we can compete with St Johnstone on ability so I would try and frustrate them, maybe sneak a goal from a set piece or a break away. If we play open and concede early then the heads might go down and the fans would turn to frustration. Depending on results elsewhere then maybe have a go last 20 mins or so. 

Jesus, this cheers me up.

1 hour ago, Spiritof62 said:

Jesus, this cheers me up.

Not my making sir, just the way I’ve seen the last four games played out. No one wants a team brimming with confidence more than I, unfortunately better players drive more confidence in the team and we do not have better players than the teams we are about to play.

8 hours ago, WESTENDDEE said:

Believe me we will beat the fermers it will give us great confidence. And

go on and beat the Well the rest will be a piece o phish so don’t worry we

will survive. I think anyone agree.

Cum on the f ucking Dee we can do it.

If only football was like this, I think you have to be a bit more realistic Westenddee, we have been outplayed by the Fermers on each of our encounters this season, the last game was a joke with the Fermers in cruise control from 55 minutes in. It’s the same as when McIntyre rolls out the same gash prematch about getting a good start, playing with confidence, taking chances blah blah blah

He needs to find a system that stops us conceding goals first, then we can approach games with renewed confidence that might allow for a better end to the season. 

6 minutes ago, BigG said:

If only football was like this, I think you have to be a bit more realistic Westenddee, we have been outplayed by the Fermers on each of our encounters this season, the last game was a joke with the Fermers in cruise control from 55 minutes in. It’s the same as when McIntyre rolls out the same gash prematch about getting a good start, playing with confidence, taking chances blah blah blah

He needs to find a system that stops us conceding goals first, then we can approach games with renewed confidence that might allow for a better end to the season. 

He has had decent defensive periods for games recently against Celtic and St Johntsone. The trouble IMO is that they have not managed to score any of the few opportunities that they did create. We score the end of the game chance against Celtic what a difference that would have made. Totally agree about the blah blah blah stuff, but what else can he say? Need to get all the players defending when the opposition has the ball and definitely have goal scorers like Wright, Nelson and Miller on the pitch. I'd play CCurran in midfield instead of JCurran and see what he can do.

3 minutes ago, BigG said:

Hi Big G. There will  be many who will agree with your response. Previous games, aligned with our general form (& league position) means St J. will win this.

But, the same number (& maybe even a bit more) would have felt exactly the same on the day Celtic came to Dens a few weeks ago. And yes they beat us !!

However I don't think anyone of us thought, we could hold out as we did that day until that injury-time goal in a very questionable sixth minute of  injury time.

WESTENDEE is definitely going for the "very positive prediction" & you may be right to temper things down a little. But as you suggest "Fitba is a funny game"

DFC have got to get their act right on the day. Be focused, be determined, be inspired. And to put it bluntly "Work their erse of for themselves, & each other"

Even one point would give us hope. Imagine the feelings & reaction for Manager, Players, Ourselves if we picked up the 3 points. DFC. Full week to Prepare:bouncy:

20 minutes ago, BCram said:

He has had decent defensive periods for games recently against Celtic and St Johntsone. The trouble IMO is that they have not managed to score any of the few opportunities that they did create. We score the end of the game chance against Celtic what a difference that would have made. Totally agree about the blah blah blah stuff, but what else can he say? Need to get all the players defending when the opposition has the ball and definitely have goal scorers like Wright, Nelson and Miller on the pitch. I'd play CCurran in midfield instead of JCurran and see what he can do.

Hi BC' ... It looks like you were getting together your response, the same time as me (ref. to celtic) Your post must have went in, just as I was concluding mine.

(Is this a case of  "Two Great Minds etc ..." Or is our weel concealed powers of telepathy taking over. Or jist twa dafties, that have overdone the happy pills):chaplin:

As the countdown begins, leading up to this crucial game (those of us who are able to) should be posting...As many Positive Inspirational Posts as Possible :happyyes:

My Message to Dundee Football Club (DFC MANAGER & PLAYERS) YOU HAVE 5 FULL DAYS TO PREPARE PROVE TO YOURSELVES & US WE CAN DO IT :wub:

Adblock Detected