Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee V Peterhead Sat 20th July 2019

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
6 hours ago, barkblue said:

*stuck record alert* so if negativity upsets, I wouldn't read on.

Said to a couple of lads today that I'm really beginning to question whether I actually enjoy football anymore. Not just going and watching games like today but just the overall lack of excitement, interest, incident or entertainment that the modern game provides. Teams happy to hold on to the ball without ever looking to score (we had a great period of possession with about 20-30 passes before losing the ball still inside our own half and almost getting caught on the break, for example) and just the general lack of character about anything that happens. We have not one player that gets you excited, or who tries something a little different. No one taking risks on or off he ball and since Greg Stewart was booed out of Dens, not one player that gets you out of your seat in expectation. 

The referee seemed to have never even been introduced to the game before, which doesn't help, and folk are so disillusioned that the whole atmosphere (which only really turned negative in the final 15 minutes when it was clear that we didn't have another gear) is just depressing to sit in. 

There were some positives (Robertson, Gowser for 30 minutes, another clean sheet (even if it wasn't really deserved) a very confident pen from Cunningham) but hand on heart, I was bored rigid for the entirety of that and am pretty pleased I won't be able to make next week. 

Sums it up for me for last three years.

Very worrying if we start feeling this way as youngsters will not be captured by watching dull fare. I also could not care that I am missing next week. Pars away is first game for me and I expect a step up in gear for the league challenge which will be brutally tough with the current squad. I am sure there are more to come in but we need them asap

15 hours ago, Huggs66 said:

Gents

Our first League cup outing last year was a 4-0 win at Stirling and it went downhill from there, ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM.

4 Games on the trot and we haven't conceded a goal, Defence and Midfield look solid, vast improvement on last season, goal scoring woes are still to be fixed, 2 games against lower league opposition who have worked their socks off  and we haven't found the net in open play, clear clear message to the Management Team, we have improved 2 of 3 problems areas, if we don't fix the 3rd we will not be in contention at the top.

Still time to fix, lets keep the faith.

Bring on the Caley.  

Was at the match and we were woeful in first-half. Peterhead were first to every ball and winning second balls with ease. Things improved in second-half but we need some creativity. Ness and Todd were missed sorely today. What is the point of signing strikers if we do not create chances for them. Marshall and Robertson were the pick of our players I thought.

49 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Stop being pedantic Billy, people are just saying that penalties can go either way, I'm sure they're aware that it's not actually a lottery.

Had a bit of fear when it went to pens. They won 11-10 last game, with every player scoring. 

Adblock Detected