Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee V Partick (19, Oct 2019)

Cobra

Dundee v Partick  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What'll happen when the Jags visit Dens

39 minutes ago, Cobra said:

This game looks problematic for us. McCall masterminded a crushing win for Ayr at Dens last season and he's already got one over United this season. He'll have his Thistle players right up for this one and their team will probably relish getting away from the frustrated home support.

I hope Dees are patient are not expecting us to win comfortably because their bottom. It's going to be a tough game.

The same token though, United at Queen of the South. It's the sort of opportunity we need to take if it's a league challenge this season.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
13 hours ago, Cobra said:

This game looks problematic for us. McCall masterminded a crushing win for Ayr at Dens last season and he's already got one over United this season. He'll have his Thistle players right up for this one and their team will probably relish getting away from the frustrated home support.

I hope Dees are patient are not expecting us to win comfortably because their bottom. It's going to be a tough game.

Cobra, we beat Ayr at Dens this season in a tough game, Ayr are without doubt a better side, however your point is valid, if we don't approach this correctly we will end up on the wrong side of the result. We will need a similar approach to how we approached Arbroath but hopefully with a little more strength on the park and not on the bench.

3 hours ago, Huggs66 said:

Cobra, we beat Ayr at Dens this season in a tough game, Ayr are without doubt a better side, however your point is valid, if we don't approach this correctly we will end up on the wrong side of the result. We will need a similar approach to how we approached Arbroath but hopefully with a little more strength on the park and not on the bench.

We definitely are capable of winning this one Huggs. I just worry about former Dees McCall, Miller and Harkins returning to haunt us and Jags being bottom means they'll be hurting and desperate to put things right while Dundee will be expected to play on the front foot. It's an awkward fixture and the first goal I think will be decisive.

Already beat McCall once this season, curious if McPake will twist instead of sticking to what he did against Ayr, as McCall no doubt will be wondering how he changes his approach against us. I feel like the dynamics of Ayr and Partick are fairly similar, and it will no doubt be just as tough a game. Partick are good on the road, and from what I remember of them play a shitehousey type game. As long as we keep the midfield strong and the play flowing well, I can see us getting a decent win, provided we actually get our strikers scoring again.

On 12/10/2019 at 12:14, Huggs66 said:

DBK, I would like to see 2 up top with Hemmings supported by Johnston at the expense of Mackie, we have created numerous chances which have fallen to the wrong person with Gowser being a bit of a culprit in this, if we have 2 finishers on the park then it will up the odds the chances will come to the right guy, Johnson for me should be starting.

Partick don't have the fasted of front lines however Miller will take a chance if it arrives.

17 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:
On 12/10/2019 at 12:14, Huggs66 said:

DBK, I would like to see 2 up top with Hemmings supported by Johnston at the expense of Mackie, we have created numerous chances which have fallen to the wrong person with Gowser being a bit of a culprit in this, if we have 2 finishers on the park then it will up the odds the chances will come to the right guy, Johnson for me should be starting.

Partick don't have the fasted of front lines however Miller will take a chance if it arrives.

What I don't understand is why we have not developed a way to play with two up top. for me Nelson has been great at closing down defenders when they get the ball and I really can't see any reason for not trying to develop a Nelson/Hemmings, or Nelson/Johnston combination. JMP mentions in his piece about Hemmings what a support Hemmings was to him when they played together. from that I have assumed, possibly wrongly that Hemmings offers something to the team in terms of helping to press oppostion players when they have the ball.

48 minutes ago, BCram said:

What I don't understand is why we have not developed a way to play with two up top. for me Nelson has been great at closing down defenders when they get the ball and I really can't see any reason for not trying to develop a Nelson/Hemmings, or Nelson/Johnston combination. JMP mentions in his piece about Hemmings what a support Hemmings was to him when they played together. from that I have assumed, possibly wrongly that Hemmings offers something to the team in terms of helping to press oppostion players when they have the ball.

In the times I have seen Hemmings, he appears to be lacking fitness or is being fecking lazy, doesn't look sharp and is struggling with confidence, by having 2 of front with the strength of midfield we have we should be defending higher up the park and allowing a front 2 to keep sides more defensively minded, I believe because we are playing 5 across the middle that we are inviting sides onto us looking to break them down and then counter, our biggest goal threat from the front 3 is IMO, Johnson and if we have to keep rotating Nelson or Hemmings until they come onto a game then so be it, Hemmings is not firing at the moment and that will cost us against the better sides.

15 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

In the times I have seen Hemmings, he appears to be lacking fitness or is being fecking lazy, doesn't look sharp and is struggling with confidence, by having 2 of front with the strength of midfield we have we should be defending higher up the park and allowing a front 2 to keep sides more defensively minded, I believe because we are playing 5 across the middle that we are inviting sides onto us looking to break them down and then counter, our biggest goal threat from the front 3 is IMO, Johnson and if we have to keep rotating Nelson or Hemmings until they come onto a game then so be it, Hemmings is not firing at the moment and that will cost us against the better sides.

Think Hemmings was unfortunate that he was the last man signed, apart from Dorrans. He will come good, but he did arrive after it looked as though Nelson and Johnson were going to be our striking partnership.   Agree we should be pressing higher up the pitch when we are trying to get the ball back. Maybe Gowser is supposed to be the second man? If so he's not universally loved playing in that position!

Adblock Detected