Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee V Partick (19, Oct 2019)

Cobra

Dundee v Partick  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What'll happen when the Jags visit Dens

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

Dunfermline, Queen of the South and Morton are all decent-sized clubs having big problems this season but who managed to raise their game and produce a performance against Dundee. I wonder if Partick will do the same.

Games like this is where we need the big players to make the difference, Hemmings, Dorrans  need to lead by example.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
5 minutes ago, BigG said:

Games like this is where we need the big players to make the difference, Hemmings, Dorrans  need to lead by example.

Agreed. The piss-poor Partick that fell to a fourth successive home defeat to Queens a couple of weeks ago will be nowhere to be seen on Saturday. We'll see the best version of them so we need our big players to turn up and earn their wages.

28 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

Did Dunfermline,Q of S and Morton raise their games

If you have a fairly expectant home crowd and you know that you don't have the quality to mount a serious title challenge you're going to want a cup run and you're going to want to give one of the Dundee clubs a bloody nose so yeah I think these clubs do see us as a scalp and raise their game.

We've got to deal with that though if we're serious about going up at the first attempt.

One of the matches that I would be happy to see us go with a 4-4-2  instaed of 5 in the midfield and hopefully a 2-0 win for the Dee with Hemmings netting ! 

Would be a toss up who starts between Todd & Mcpake but probably go with Mcpake .

Hamilton

Kerr                   Mcghee                      Forster                  Marshall

Mcpake                   Byrne         Dorrans                    McDaid

Hemmings          Johnson    

subs- Todd , Gowser, Nelson, Finn, Meekings, Mackie, Ferrie             

14 hours ago, Cobra said:

Dunfermline, Queen of the South and Morton are all decent-sized clubs having big problems this season but who managed to raise their game and produce a performance against Dundee. I wonder if Partick will do the same.

Excellent point Cobra. We need to treat this as a really difficult game and make sure there's none of this we're better than them so we don't have to apply ourselves. Fans need to be up for this too. 

2 hours ago, DBDU said:

One of the matches that I would be happy to see us go with a 4-4-2  instaed of 5 in the midfield and hopefully a 2-0 win for the Dee with Hemmings netting ! 

Would be a toss up who starts between Todd & Mcpake but probably go with Mcpake .

Hamilton

Kerr                   Mcghee                      Forster                  Marshall

Mcpake                   Byrne         Dorrans                    McDaid

Hemmings          Johnson    

subs- Todd , Gowser, Nelson, Finn, Meekings, Mackie, Ferrie             

Agree with that team mate, happier with that back 4 as Meekings is a bomb scare and even Miller can probably out run him!

Rather have McPake than Mackie playing as well as has looked more dangerous to me and will be full of confidence after his goal for Scotland u19's.

Just now, nemsadzDEE said:

Agree with that team mate, happier with that back 4 as Meekings is a bomb scare and even Miller can probably out run him!

Rather have McPake than Mackie playing as well as has looked more dangerous to me and will be full of confidence after his goal for Scotland u19's.

Yeah my thoughts exactly.

Thought Meekings was very lucky not to have cost us a goal against Arbroath in first half when he gave the ball away in really dangerous position and against a better side we would have been punished .  

12 hours ago, Cobra said:

If you have a fairly expectant home crowd and you know that you don't have the quality to mount a serious title challenge you're going to want a cup run and you're going to want to give one of the Dundee clubs a bloody nose so yeah I think these clubs do see us as a scalp and raise their game.

We've got to deal with that though if we're serious about going up at the first attempt.

Totally agree Cobra, unfortunately we have had 3 managers (McPake might come good) who haven't LEARNT to deal with it.

There seems to be a perception that our defence isn’t great and we need to be playing more than one up front, therefore I expect McPake to time travel us back to the fifties and play an attacking 2-3-5 formation. By doing that, those who don’t want Meekings to play get there wish as Forster plays with McGhee at the back, those that want Byrne, Ness and Dorrans playing together in midfield get there wish, those that want width get McDaid and McPake as the two wide in the front five and we get to play all three strikers, easy this management lark 😂😂

Adblock Detected