Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Livingston 1 - 2 Dundee (Away, 16th Feb 2019)

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Enjoyed most of that today!!  Just about worth all three points despite going behind to ten men and nearly giving away a penalty.  Had the boys not been watch Greig Laidlaw's technique in the Six Nations that would have been comfortable!!!!  Lovely header from the Admiral and a wonderful free kick from Wright.  Defended much better than the last visit to Almondvale but the General still gives me a heart attack every time he has the ball at his feet!  Dieng was solid again and no real failures, although I'd like more end product from Dales and Woods to practice set-pieces in training!  Would also drop Hadenius for a more 'natural' looking midfielder because we were much better when Gowser came on (despite the usual moans at our friend from the stand).  A lot of work still to be done but onwards and upwards.      

Stone wall red card.. imho it was a pen... two great goals and some good football.. thought Kusunga had a good game.. certainly wasn't at fault for their goal.. could have been a red for the foul on Curran that led to our second goal.. two footed cynical challenge.. great free kick for the goal.. Nathan Ralph has come on on leaps and bounds since his first game.. 

Edited by Napper

4 minutes ago, Kemback1997 said:

Would also drop Hadenius for a more 'natural' looking midfielder because we were much better when Gowser came on (despite the usual moans at our friend from the stand).

I think we might see Robson in that role once he is back fit, as I think he is a much more natural defending midfielder.

8 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

That was some free-kick from Scott Wright for the winner! Not seen one like that since Greg Stewart's days!

Last Dundee player to score direct off a free kick? Genuinely can't think what our last would be.

Used to know we carried a bit of a threat with Stewart and Harkins in the squad but felt a bit pointless whenever we've had a free kick for the last few seasons.

9 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

Last Dundee player to score direct off a free kick? Genuinely can't think what our last would be.

Used to know we carried a bit of a threat with Stewart and Harkins in the squad but felt a bit pointless whenever we've had a free kick for the last few seasons.

I do remember a Ross County fan stating that once we signed Woods he would be taking all the corners and free-kicks and Woods was useless at them. At first I thought this might be sour grapes, but the boy was bang on. If Woods took that free-kick today he wouldn't have scored and we would be thankful for the score draw.

42 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I agree, he was looking for the pen, but Curran shouldn't have got himself into that position in the first place.

We all see it different I agree about Curran who is prone to that sloppiness. Good going forward but careless at times which can cost us if he is careless in our defending area. Still we got away with it. we don't half lose momentum when Nelson goes off. I first thought it was when gowzer came on, but it was when Nelson went off.

20 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I do remember a Ross County fan stating that once we signed Woods he would be taking all the corners and free-kicks and Woods was useless at them. At first I thought this might be sour grapes, but the boy was bang on. If Woods took that free-kick today he wouldn't have scored and we would be thankful for the score draw.

JM really needs to draw the line with this.  Woods delivery wasn't all bad today, like it usually is but a dead ball expert he is not.  Situations where it should be an advantage to us just end up a waste of time.  Apart from that I thought he had a good game today.

Edited by Attilio

Just now, Attilio said:

JM really needs to draw the line with this.  Woods delivery wasn't all bad today, like it usually is but a dead ball expert he is not.  Situations where it should be an advantage to us just end up a waste of time.

I understand that it is JM's decision to make Woods the primary dead ball player, but I honestly do not remember once where we have scored from a free-kick or the corners we have had that have come to nothing because they were that bad.

Surely we have better dead ball players who could take the free-kicks (Like Wright today) or corners?

2 minutes ago, Attilio said:

JM really needs to draw the line with this.  Woods delivery wasn't all bad today, like it usually is but a dead ball expert he is not.  Situations where it should be an advantage to us just end up a waste of time.  Apart from that I thought he had a good game today.

Hopefully after 'that' free kick we at least have an option.

Adblock Detected