Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Posters Lost Along the Way

dblair

After seeing the return of Derry gunner the other day there, it got me to thinking about some of the posters that have graced this place over the past 6 1/2 years that don’t post anymore. 

im sure I’m going to miss some out but if I mention you in this list and you get this notification, get her arses back on and involved 🤪 or at least drop a quick hello. 

So in no particular order

@JoeCovenant

@Ivan Drago

@Boba Fett

@Abdul Latif

@Abernethy Dee

@Baldee

@Garageflower

@tallpault

@Gnasher

@Smiffy1

@kemback1997

@Megbee

@graydee

@Napper

@nemsadzDEE

@Notso

@QuesoGrande

@R2Dee2

@Riodee

@Tayportdee

@teddydfc62

Like I say I’ve probably missed a few but there the ones that stick out for me. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 hours ago, dblair said:

After seeing the return of Derry gunner the other day there, it got me to thinking about some of the posters that have graced this place over the past 6 1/2 years that don’t post anymore. 

im sure I’m going to miss some out but if I mention you in this list and you get this notification, get her arses back on and involved 🤪 or at least drop a quick hello. 

So in no particular order

@JoeCovenant

@Ivan Drago

@Boba Fett

@Abdul Latif

@Abernethy Dee

@Baldee

@Garageflower

@tallpault

@Gnasher

@Smiffy1

@kemback1997

@Megbee

@graydee

@Napper

@nemsadzDEE

@Notso

@QuesoGrande

@R2Dee2

@Riodee

@Tayportdee

@teddydfc62

Like I say I’ve probably missed a few but there the ones that stick out for me. 

Morning @dblair 

I still visit the site every week (usually on match day) but dont contribute much as it’s been doom and gloom on here with the team doing so poorly. I was also stuck in Spain for 8 weeks without an internet connection at the end of March when the Pandemic kicked off. The Derry Boys are a fickle bunch and as soon as there’s a chink of optimism on the park from the ‘Dee, things will pick up on here.

Just now, gedee said:

Dblair, that's quite a list there ...

And as you you say, there might even be many more, that have slipped the mind over the passing of time. However on that point, it's all relative & it is now quite a few years this TDBF was launched, so I guess in some respects, posters coming & going, taking a break, moving or, or simply had enough & stopping altogethe,r is the name of the game.

It has been tough of late to get enthused in the present situation. And so if/when, we ever get back to some kind of normality, maybe the forum will pick up into full flow every day, instead of just Match Times....Which usually brings out the best & the worst of some sections of posters.

Although we've got to take into account some posters may simply have been "banned" rather than leave of their own volition, I am always saddened when it reaches the stage, that another Forum Member/Poster has been lost (whatever the reasons)

Looking at my own posts, I know there are times when I go "totally daft"... And I genuinely worry that when in that mental mood, I am putting some folk off the forum.....And my kind of posts in that vein are the last thing they are looking for. (Naebody wants to be hurt, but if anyone out there, does think that is the case, I'd rather know.)

One point in my favour, which may be connected to some of my dafter posts, is, the effect of the over-the-top personal clashes & hurting insults that can take place within/between some posters. I do believe it can get so out of hand, that some posters, will either NOT let go, or simply STOP posting, on the basis, they've just had enough.

Even if they don't walk & stick it through to the end, it rarely finishes well....And usually affects other posters, who although may not be involved in the particular issue, also feel they have had enough.

Some might think I am going bit off-track with this ... But I don't think so.

Disagree strongly (voice opinions) with each other if you feel it's justified.

But keep the thought to the fore, we are all in this together. Show respect.

Finally, I'd like to add there are some who "visit" forum...Drop in a Post :wub:

C'mon the Dark Blues...Starting on Saturday...Let's Have a Big Win:chaplin:

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Morning @dblair 

I still visit the site every week (usually on match day) but dont contribute much as it’s been doom and gloom on here with the team doing so poorly. I was also stuck in Spain for 8 weeks without an internet connection at the end of March when the Pandemic kicked off. The Derry Boys are a fickle bunch and as soon as there’s a chink of optimism on the park from the ‘Dee, things will pick up on here.

Seeing your quick response Gnasher to dblair Fine (important) Topic, I decided to upgrade the "like" I gave him to the "Big Star. I hope other like your good self follow suit and decide to return again ...

Even with a single post. But preferably back again to post on a regular basis. All the posters listed above in the Opening Post had a great deal to offer. You were well up there among them. So good to see you back friend :happyyes:

As Self Elected El Presidento of the Happy Clappy Club :wacko:, ...

You'll understand why I, on a personal level, go along with the effect of the "doomy gloomy stuff"... But we all have to make the effort (for the good of a successful active forum) to accept also, thoughts/opinions such as mentioned, does work both ways.

I have got to admit, too much daftness & "happy clappy" also has the same effect.

Maybe we all need to show bit more respect & tolerance. Keep the posts coming.

1 hour ago, teddydfc62 said:

Lockdoon has alot ti answer to!

I'd go along with that as well teddy ...The effect of the panademic & lockdoon, has had an effect (physically & mentally) on probably all of us...Even when we feel, ourselves & family have not been maybe seriously, directly affected.

All our lives and perspectives have changed as we have had to adapt to this terrible situation.

6 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Morning @dblair 

I completely get what your talking about gnasher. I’ve gone through various spells where all I do is read. 

Which part of Spain were you stuck in that didn’t have internet?! 😳

Thanks for getting back on the horse 😉💪🏻 And keep it up

Hello!!!!  I'm still reading posts on here every other day but I'm struggling to engage with football at the moment because I hate watching games online and rarely watch TV.  DFC being even guffer than normal doesn't help either!  Still bought a season book and will no doubt post more when the real stuff re-starts - hopefully in the spring!  Stay safe fellow Derry boys and girls, DG

Adblock Detected